Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Grinch AKA My Husband

This year I expected Christmas to be special. Heck, I don't know why. Except maybe because it was Buzzy's first! Oh and because it was Myturo's and my first as parents. Oh and maybe because it was snowing beautifully two weeks out with no sign of stopping. (hence the song?) BUT . . . my dreams were dashed and I am only thankful that Buzzy is too young still to know the difference.
Like I said, it had been snowing pretty well about two weeks before Christmas but the week before it really started coming down and Buzzy and I got stuck at my mom's house about 13 miles away from home. I was unable to drive. In fact it seemed my husband was the ONLY brave soul willing to go out in the knee deep snow to drive. But come Christmas Eve, when I asked him if he would be coming to see us, the answer I got was this:
"Why? What is over there for me?"
Oh well, since you put it that way! Stay home! Go back to Mexico! Hell, fall off the edge of the earth for all I care!
So Buzzy and I spent her first Christmas with Gramma, Great Gramma and Grandpa, Great aunt J n Great uncle E, Auntie C and Cousin L. It was nice. Fun! Beautiful! But it wasn't what I had hoped for.
Now it is New Years Eve. We are on the brink of commencing a new beginning. My husband had the night off. But a co-worker called and asked him to work and he jumped at the chance so fast it truly has me wondering if my child and I have a disease we don't know about. In any case, he won't be celebrating with us. Oh well. We'll get used to it.
I wonder what 2009 will bring us. More pain and suffering or as a white Christmas predicts in the old folktales, a prosperous (better) New Year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...