Friday, January 2, 2009

Mommies And Babies

So, sitting at home every day, talking baby talk and playing baby games is great! I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the universe. But there comes a point where the brain craves to hear its own language and in clear sentences from someone else's mouth. There comes a point where playing peek-a-boo and this-little-piggy and patty-cake, while titilating for the baby no matter how many times it is repeated, becomes sludge in your mouth and the motions become less and less enthusiastic until you wish the person who had invented the darn thing were in front of you to sucker punch him.
So in an effort to salvage my sanity and engage in adult activities while still entertaining my baby girl, I put an ad on Craigslist for mommies who want to meet other mommies. I had done this before with no luck. But THIS time was the charm.
I have met Alissa and Emmett who Buzzy and I will be meeting on Monday. Mary and Henry who we will be meeting with mid-week. And Aubrie and Delaina who we have yet to set a date and time for but I'm sure we will soon. All the babies including Buzzy are between 7-8 months old. They all live fairly close and we are all in our 20's!
I am so excited! Adult interaction with other mommies who are as communicatively deprived as me! Thank God for small favors!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...