Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthday Among Us

So today at about 4:30 we are celebrating my sister's 16th birthday. 16! I remember when she was 4-10 and I wondered if I'd ever not dislike her or if I'd ever stop resenting her. I remember wondering if she'd ever become human and then a couple years ago POOF! She became my best friend. I don't know what happened, whether it was within her or within me or both, but out of nowhere our hate hate relationship had become a tight sisterly bond. And today (well her actual birthday is tomorrow) we are celebrating one of thee most special b-days a girl could have. I am so proud of her and the young woman she has become!
So everyone is preparing. Family are gathering decorations, gifts etc (I'm blogging but will be getting ready as soon as Buzzy wakes from her nap) My sister insisted her father (my step dad) remove the pubic hair from his chin (otherwise known as a goatee) because her friends will be there and its bad enough he's already big and bald and scary (he's everything but, but appearances decieve) she didn't want her friends to see him with pubes growing out of his face. So he's off to the barber to fix that problem.
She requested no balloons, and no singing. (the girl is shy!) but we're gonna have a great time anyway and whether she likes it or not her sis and her sis' ol' faithful camera will be there to record the mayhem!
So, I am still waiting for my IRS refund, It wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that also for my sister's 16th bday we (mom, sis, Buzzy, and I) are planning on taking a road trip to Seattle for the Japanese Festival. (Sis is totally into EVERYTHING Japanese) And I need to help my mom with the cost of the hotel, gas, etc. Then again sis also may opt out of the Seattle trip and spring for a Wii instead. So, I suppose I need just a bit more patience.

So, I wait . . . I wonder if my little Buzzy will let me take a shower today . . . :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...