Friday, April 10, 2009

Does Anyone Remember?

As I sit here, missing the sun, Phineas and Ferb is blaring on the TV. For those of you who don't know what Phineas and Ferb are, here is a visual.
Photobucket
In any case, this is one of the many oddball Disney cartoons currently available to our babies and children. In addition, are Handy Manny (not so oddball), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which is nothing like the Mickey Mouse Club I used to watch) and My Friends: Tigger and Pooh (which is also nothing like the Winnie the Pooh or Pooh Corner I used to watch.) Not to mention all the non-cartoons, child-inappropriate shows available on the Disney channel. I think Walt Disney would roll over in his grave if he knew his standard had been lowered to the likes of Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zach (Zack?) and Cody, Cory in the House, and Wizards of Waverly Place. The kids/tweens/teens in these shows are sarcastic, moody, emotionally stunted, hormonally induced, pompous, deceitful, spoiled, raving wackos with wicked attitude problems. Or at least the actors and actresses are made to represent them this way.
What ever happened to the old Disney cartoons? The ones that lasted a half hour with no commercials, were entertaining without being crass and taught children morals and life lessons? Does anyone else remember these? Please tell me I am not the only one who misses Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Dark Wing Duck, Gummi Bears, Bonkers (ok that one was a bit strange)ChipNDale Rescue Rangers and of course all the original Mickey Mouse cartoons with Donald, the Chipmunks, Goofy, Pluto etc.
Ok, off my soap box now. But please, anyone? Tell me I'm not alone. (unless I am?) LOL

2 comments :

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for your comment!! I can't believe how similar our family make-ups are!! We will stay tuned with your blog now, too:) Hugs, the Myhre Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey following from MBC...I miss the old cartoons as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...