Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh For Pete's Sake

For anyone who has ever lived in an apartment community you know first hand that it has its benefits and its downside. So far we have lived in our current apartment approximately 4 months. It is a large 2 bedroom, 2 full bath with a great room, and a very spacious kitchen, pantry and laundry room. We are in the middle of the complex where there isn't a lot of outside noise pollution, we live directly across the street from the Taj Mahal hospital which gives me great peace of mind in the event of an emergency. There are many many benefits to apartment living . . .

BUT

There is one significant downside. Neighbors. Upstairs neighbors to be precise. I don't know if people just assume that because there is a floor and four walls surrounding them that they are somehow in a soundproofed area as soon as they close their door. Maybe they don't realize how much noise they really make, or they do realize it and just don't care. That would really chap my hide. And that is an understatement.


My current upstairs neighbor is a single guy. How do I know? Once upon a time he told me. This was after he introduced himself and told me if he ever made too much noise to just let him know. Just let him know. How do you just let someone know that ever step they take rattles your ceiling. Every door slam, threatens your wall hangings. How do you just let someone know that their shower singing does not double as lullaby music for your 11 month old? How do you just let someone know that the fact that they use the restroom 20 times a night really disturbs my sleep? (I mean, cuz how hypocritical coming from a pregnant woman who uses it just as much)

I'll tell you how I just let someone know. I don't. I just suck it up and seethe with every stomp, every slam, every shower and every flush. Trickle trickle.

In other news:
My feet are swollen! Starting yesterday. Waah! No! Not again. ((whimper whimper)) I just got rid of pregnancy swollen feet a few months back. Soon the pitting edema will follow. Boohoo!

1 comment :

  1. During the first years of my marriage, we lived in an apartment. We had some crazy loud neighbors upstairs too. Once we had our first baby, it was tough dealing with it. I was always afraid that they would wake an already cranky baby up. But like you, I just let it go. Hope your swollen feet feel better real soon! Love the song playing on your blog today:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...