Thursday, July 30, 2009

Small Update

Today was my last OB appointment. A little bit bitter-sweet. I saw Dr. L (My doctor's partner) and I liked her just as much as I do Dr. M. She let me give her the rundown on my history of pregnancies, miscarriages, and births, talked to me briefly about VBACs and c-sections, listened for LN's heartbeat and then checked me.
Unfortunately I am still only 1cm and 50% effaced but she offered a membrane sweep which I am told has a 50/50% chance of putting you into labor within 24-48 hours. Sounds good to me. It was at least worth a try. If no labor begins I have a pre-anesthetic appointment with the hospital on Sunday where they will draw blood, cuff me put a hospital bracelet on me and give me the run down for my section that will occur the next day.

So that's it in a nutshell. I am super crampy now, after that sweep and keep praying that the crampiness turns into something more severe. I suppose only time will tell.

1 comment :

  1. I know that the membrane sweep did it for me. Good luck and I'll continue praying for you and the baby:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...