Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HEART ATTACK FROM EXCITEMENT

The other night after a semi-stressful day, I was putting the girls down to sleep. They were calm (Lessy already asleep and Buzzy drifting off) I decided to check my phone for messages. I had 2 missed calls, 1 voicemail, 3 text messages and one g-mail (which is the account I use for responses from literary agents) I have recieved over 30 rejections on my BIP thus far and so I decided to check all other messages first. Last, and sure it was ANOTHER rejection I cautiously opened the g-mail. It read:

Re: Query for (My title here)
Dear Buzzy's Mama, (No it didn't say that. It used my real name, but you get the idea)
After reading your query, we've decided we'd like to read more. Could you send us what you have of the full manuscript?

Best,
(Literary agency name here)

Does that speak for itself??

OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!!!!

He wants to read my book and he isn't some unknown random literary agent either. He is an award winning, popular New York City Literary Agent who has sold a ton of popular books to publishers!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Ok, so there you have it.

My sis and I are just about done polishing the book to perfection and will be sending it out to him tomorrow night. Please cross everything you are able to cross that he really likes the book and wants to represent us!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...