Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mama Bankie Peas

My daughter, Buzzy (I'm sure you all know that her name isn't actually Buzzy, that's just what we call her - a shortened form of buzzabuoy)asked me for her bankie (blankie as I'm sure you can translate) Her blankie is blue and about 5 ft wide by 7 ft long (walmart special) Anyhoo, I was washing her blankie because her diaper leaked last night and well, you get the idea. It was a mess. So, as you can surmise, I am doing laundry. I just finished a load of my clothes and am hanging them up. Well, I have a blue t-shirt that while not the same in texture is the exact shade blue as Buzzy's blankie. Now, I'll admit, it was probably by color and color only that Buzzy said and did what she said and did next but it still hurt my fat-ass-ego. While tugging on my XXX sized T-shirt she says, 'mama, bankie peas' - Mama give me my blanket. I've been asking you for the damn thing all morning and you keep telling me you're washing it but here it is! - well that's what I heard. I can't believe I wear clothes large enough that my daughter mistakes them for her bankies. :( It was a sad moment in my Fat life... yes, yes it was.

The Fat Chick

7 comments :

  1. Awww. . .don't feel bad. Once my own mother mistook a pair of my size 28 jeans for my fathers. (Keep in mind he is VERY OBESE and is also 65 years old.) *ugh*

    Keep your head up! I promise, things will only get better!

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. try not to let it get to you. I see why it would bother you, but she's young, she probably just didn't know what was what. Keep your head up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! and great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are always saying stuff that would wound my soul if it didn't crack me up even more! It happens. It's a good thing they are so cute, isn't it? =)

    Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site you have here. I came across your site from another site. I have a blog myself which I hope will be a top resource for those looking to find the motivation to lose weight.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible under our "Best Weight Loss Websites" page. Until then, keep up the good work!

    Jason
    4Weight2Lose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. You have to laugh or ur gonna cry. Its hard. Your on your way. Your doing amazing! When you reach your goal your gonna be able to look back and laugh...BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Don't feel bad. My grandfather used to be very heavy too, and my aunt used to mistake some of my pants for his. Mortification here I come...

    I am so sorry I am not as good at commenting as I used to be! You are so much better at this!

    Yes, I eat at Wendy's a lot when I am on the run outside of the house. Their food is calorie friendly, and filling.

    You are doing a great job. It's the little moments like these - the little reminders that keep us in our lane so to speak. Congrats on the pants too! Those non scale victories are the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...