Saturday, January 16, 2010

No More of That!

First of all, I was shocked (SHOCKED, I TELL YOU) when I signed into blogger this morning to find that my followers had gone from 4 or so to 25! Woah! I imagine that is mostly thanks to Monica at Confessions of a + Sized Girl, so thank you Monica!! I also wanted to thank you all for your comments. I have never recieved so many, even on my other blog, The Buzz & Less that has been up and running for more than a year. Wow! I am flattered.

Now, onto the meaty part of this post. Well, maybe not the meaty part. More like the sodium ridden part. I can't eat at my grandparent's house anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still will because that's what we do. Dinner is had at my grandparent's house every Wednesday and Friday. The issue is I weigh myself daily. Why you ask? Because normally I am able to lose a pound a day for the first month of weight loss. Well, I suppose technically this is still true but thanks to my grandparent's sodium laden homemade meals I have been retaining water like a balloon, so between yesterday and today I gained 2 lbs. UGH! I'm sure by tomorrow or the next day they will be gone but even still its frustrating. So, due to this unavoidable sodium extravaganza I will only be weighing every Friday (which is probably what I should have done in the first place)

The Fat Chick

4 comments :

  1. YVW :)

    I still cant believe even without comments you were still blogging! THAT shows dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find its better to only weigh your self once a week. The numbers on the scale effect me so much....that every day would be an onslaught to my emotional well being. My mom is my sabatager. So i know its so hard to not eat with the family. I still haven't figured out what I am gonna so about that. You are doing great. I look foward to reading your journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a moment similar to yours. My son who is 8 years old was looking through the laundry for something. Instead he came out with my panties. Holding up a very large pair he went on to tell me, "Mom, your underwear is soooooo big!"
    Sigh! I feel your pain. I have also started trying to lose weight. I enjoy reading your blog. Its amazing you have been blogging for over a year. I just started this week with my blog. I hope I stay just as dedicated. I wish you a lot of success. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that your follower count shot up! That's great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...