Sunday, January 17, 2010

Too Much or Just Enough?

I did a not so good thing today, at least I think. Today we celebrated my grandpas' birthdays and there was a shitbutt-load of fattening yummy food there. I want your opinions though. I didn't eat anything this morning in anticipation of over eating just a little. So I did pretty well while I was there. This is what I ate:

A fresh burger with a slice of cheese over it. No bun, no condiments.

A slice of a dill pickle.

2 slices of tomato.

And a 1/2 cup of pasta salad made with macaroni noodles, cubed cheese, cubed ham, red onion, celery and mixed with miracle whip.

For dessert they had blackberry cobbler which I had a small slice of with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee with creamer. (no sugar)

So, I decided that I wouldn't eat anything else today because I was/am positive that I met or exceeded my calories. (1500?)

Then we got home and Buzzy (yes, you will find I use her as my excuse a lot) wanted some of that macaroni salad and so of course I had to have some. In total I probably had another 2 cups of this macaroni heaven madness.

So, in your opinion do you think I totally bombed? Ate just a few too many calories? Ate about the right amount of calories? Or ate under my calories. I tried using Calorieking.com to decipher the calories but there are so many options for any one food that its difficult to choose which one to use and they all have different serving sized and calorie quantities. So YOU tell me!

The Fat Chick

3 comments :

  1. Hi,I don't think that you went over your calorie allotment, especially if you were active, but I think that the mac salad with the cheese and ham is going to swell you up with fluid retention from all the salt. Drink lots of water and try to stay away from sodium for a day or two. I should take my own advice =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's all you ate, I doubt you're over. probably close-to. Don't forget the fat though; could be some in the macaroni & pasta salads. Drink lots of water to help hydrate and flush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think you did not go over your calorie count at all. You made pretty good choices in this situation. I wouldn't stress too much over the actual count. I would estimate using calorie king as well as possible and I would move on.

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...