I for one have several. Here are a few:
1. Diet soda - I live for diet soda. It is what sates my sweet tooth, my snack cravings and my boredom.
2. My cell phone
3. My TV - Okay, I admit it. I am a bad mama. It started out as a silence killer. I needed noise in my house when it was just me and my baby (Buzzy) but as she grew and I became pregnant once again and then later when Breezely was born it became more of a babysitter.
ie: Mommy has to wash the dishes. No I can't hold you while I wash the dishes. Go play with your toys. Stop screaming at me please. Go play with your toys. And then finally I would give up and just plop her in front of the TV. Now-a-days that is what she expects and now I can't get her away from it. So it's not only my ADDICTION, CRAVING, DEPENDENCE, ENSLAVEMENT, OBSESSION, HABIT, PRACTICE, PREOCCUPATION, HANGUP, QUIRK, WEAKNESS, CUSTOM. I have now ingrained it into my daughter. GREAT!! (Note that was sarcasm)
4. Gum - Yet another 'munchie fixer'. I can't imagine that with as much gum as I chew that it is good for my teeth, gums or jaw. ((pout))
5. The internet. I would say I derive approximately 90% of my non-child related entertainment from the internet. Whether it be blogs, twitter, facebook, myspace, some personal forums I frequent, e-mail, or just surfing. The internet is almost like my phone. I feel like I am without an arm or a leg without it. Again, so very sad.
6. And FINALLY, something I really should work on: I often live in a fantasy world... quite literally.
I write fantasy novels and I frequently find myself daydreaming and/or transfixed by the characters in my mind. What they might/would/could/should/do in any given circumstances. Plots, conflict, outlines, diversions, and character voices are a constant in my mind. Even when I'm sleeping and although while one day I hope this particular ADDICTION, CRAVING, DEPENDENCE, ENSLAVEMENT, OBSESSION, HABIT, PRACTICE, PREOCCUPATION, HANGUP, QUIRK, WEAKNESS, CUSTOM will pay my bills, I need to find a happy medium.
These are the ones I have been able to cross of my list:
How about you? What are your ADDICTIONs, CRAVINGs, DEPENDENCEs, ENSLAVEMENTs, OBSESSIONs, HABITs, PRACTICEs, PREOCCUPATIONs, HANGUPs, QUIRKs, WEAKNESSES, and/or CUSTOMs?
The Fat Chick