Saturday, February 13, 2010

ADDICTED

ADDICTION, CRAVING, DEPENDENCE, ENSLAVEMENT, OBSESSION, HABIT, PRACTICE, PREOCCUPATION, HANGUP, QUIRK, WEAKNESS, OR CUSTOM . . . WE ALL HAVE THEM.

I for one have several. Here are a few:

1. Diet soda - I live for diet soda. It is what sates my sweet tooth, my snack cravings and my boredom.

2. My cell phone
- It is amazing that people older than 13 years old in the 90's era didn't keel over from lack of 'texting', 'tweeting' etc. I would be lost without my cell phone. It is a 5th appendage and that is sad.

3. My TV - Okay, I admit it. I am a bad mama. It started out as a silence killer. I needed noise in my house when it was just me and my baby (Buzzy) but as she grew and I became pregnant once again and then later when Breezely was born it became more of a babysitter.

ie: Mommy has to wash the dishes. No I can't hold you while I wash the dishes. Go play with your toys. Stop screaming at me please. Go play with your toys. And then finally I would give up and just plop her in front of the TV. Now-a-days that is what she expects and now I can't get her away from it. So it's not only my ADDICTION, CRAVING, DEPENDENCE, ENSLAVEMENT, OBSESSION, HABIT, PRACTICE, PREOCCUPATION, HANGUP, QUIRK, WEAKNESS, CUSTOM. I have now ingrained it into my daughter. GREAT!! (Note that was sarcasm)

4. Gum - Yet another 'munchie fixer'. I can't imagine that with as much gum as I chew that it is good for my teeth, gums or jaw. ((pout))

5. The internet. I would say I derive approximately 90% of my non-child related entertainment from the internet. Whether it be blogs, twitter, facebook, myspace, some personal forums I frequent, e-mail, or just surfing. The internet is almost like my phone. I feel like I am without an arm or a leg without it. Again, so very sad.




6. And FINALLY, something I really should work on: I often live in a fantasy world... quite literally.

I write fantasy novels and I frequently find myself daydreaming and/or transfixed by the characters in my mind. What they might/would/could/should/do in any given circumstances. Plots, conflict, outlines, diversions, and character voices are a constant in my mind. Even when I'm sleeping and although while one day I hope this particular ADDICTION, CRAVING, DEPENDENCE, ENSLAVEMENT, OBSESSION, HABIT, PRACTICE, PREOCCUPATION, HANGUP, QUIRK, WEAKNESS, CUSTOM will pay my bills, I need to find a happy medium.

These are the ones I have been able to cross of my list:




How about you? What are your ADDICTIONs, CRAVINGs, DEPENDENCEs, ENSLAVEMENTs, OBSESSIONs, HABITs, PRACTICEs, PREOCCUPATIONs, HANGUPs, QUIRKs, WEAKNESSES, and/or CUSTOMs?

The Fat Chick

5 comments :

  1. I guess I'm addicting to blogging. It's wonderful fun - I get to express myself and at the same time meet all sorts of wonderful people. Then there's chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those addictions are ok for you dear, not like the food ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food wise....the whopper! Sad, but true. I love the sucker...but realize some things that you love just aren't good for ya!

    Facebook is also an addiction...once again sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted to sweets, treats...anything unhealthy basically. The worse it is for you, chances are, the more I love it. I'm learning restraint. :) I also love blogging, reading other people's blogs, twitter and facebook. Couldn't function without these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really thought about what I'm addicted to, but blogging must be one thing! Thank you - you've inspired a future post! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...