Friday, February 12, 2010

GIVING UP

There is too much going on in my life. I'm too stressed. I can't concentrate on one more thing. I don't want to think about what I eat. I don't want to count calories. I'm so busy that I don't have time to exercise. I just don't care anymore.



THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING ON BLOGS LATELY AND IT PISSES ME OFF!!



There are a few select blogs I follow that are planning to permanently 'fall off the wagon' . . . No, I take that back. They are saying that they are planning to JUMP OFF THE WAGON and not attempt to get back on. They're saying the obstacles life has thrown at them have defeated them. Stress has beaten them into believing they aren't worthy of being healthy.



AND THIS JUST PISSES ME OFF! PISSES ME OFF SO BAD, IT BRINGS ME TO TEARS!



But I've been there. I've been the one who has given up so many times. I've been the one who said, 'I just can't do this anymore,' and no matter how much inspiration, motivation and good intended advice I was given, it didn't change my mind.



I lost 2 lbs this week. Not fantastic but a loss is a loss. I could have/should have worked out harder. I could have been a bit more careful with my calories. But I'm not going to turn around and make my journey thus far in vain just because the scale didn't drop dramatically.



So for those of you wanting to quit, that's your decision. But know this: Whether you eat crap or eat healthy and whether you live a sedentary lifestyle or an active one, the days-weeks-months and years are going to pass. The question is, in those days-weeks-months and years will you feel better about yourself because you decided you are WORTH IT or will you REGRET your decision because you didn't want to TRY anymore? That is the question. Where will you be and how will you feel in your future?



Me? In my future, starting now in the present and beginning 6 weeks ago I choose to be thin. I choose to be active and I choose to be healthy.



Today I have made a renewed vow of daily exercise. I have discovered using the Wii board without actually turning on the Wii console. I can let Buzzy watch her shows and I can still do my step classes, my stretching, my strength training and aside from that I am determined to hit 100 jumping jacks. If Jillian says I can do them, then HELL IF I WON'T.

I did 45 minutes of 'self instructed Wii step class' today. I then did 40 jumping jacks (2 reps of 20) and boy was I dying by the 35th one. I wanted to stop so badly. There is nothing quite like all the junk in one's truck (and gut) defying gravity as one propels themselves off the floor in quick jumpy movements. It's quite uncomfortable as of current, but it will get better. Then I did 3 reps of 10 pushups on the wall. (I still cannot do a real pushup, even the girlie kind) But I will gradually lower myself until I am doing it. Because I will do it! All in all I did about 60 minutes of exercise today. Inside, while it was raining and my girls were entertained. Yay me!

Okay, so now be honest. When you first read the title of today's post, and then started reading the body of it, did you think I was giving up, or did that not even cross your mind? I'm interested in your first impression.

I'm going to go to a bit of Wii now and then I'm going to watch a movie with my sister. Pray the girls stay asleep and allow me a bit of time to myself. Thanks!

The Fat Chick

12 comments :

  1. I'm with you! It pisses me off too when someone just up and gives up. Making a conscious decision to give up on yourself is inexcusable. We all have our problems but we still must put ourselves first. This is our only chance at life. Let's not screw it up any further!

    Congratulations on your 2 pounds and on this I disagree - it IS fantastic! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you were giving up. You wouldn't give up after you've lost 27 pounds. The people who tell themselves they can't do this and make excuses for why they can't do it are putting themselves in a negative mindset. If you tell yourself you can't, what you are really saying is that you won't. It's frustrating to see other people just give up, but if they won't think positively and cheer themselves on, it's hard to do it for them. We just talked about this at my WW meeting. You have to be your own cheerleader, otherwise, who would do it for you.

    My daily exercise lately has been doing lots of walking. Since it's freezing cold and there's snow here [and I don't want to pay for the gym] I've been going to Walmart or the mall and walking around it. I get to window shop while exercising, win-win, lol. I would love to have a Wii though. Netflix is sending me a belly dancing DVD and a cardio dance DVD...woot!

    Have fun with the Wii and movie, I'm catching up on this weeks Biggest Loser :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were giving up and I was kind of surprised by that because youre doing so well. So you fooled me. Thats ok, though.

    Heres hoping the others will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will never give up. I see that in you, you're not content with 27 lbs loss, you want your youth back, and you'll get it!
    That is the perfect attitude!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought when I saw the title was, "NOOO!", but I didn't really think you would give up for good. I'm right there with you on being tired of hearing peoples' excuses. The time spent counting calories for something is the same amount of time it takes to put it in your mouth, so it's not that hard. But I guess, being 7 weeks into it now, I look at the calories first out of instinct. We have family members around us though that just seem clueless about it... and it is very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen sister! There is a particular blog that I used to read a lot...but it seems like she talks more about how eating well and exercising is too stresful and blah blah blah than she does about "just doing it"....and I am finding that I do not read her as much because it pisses me off, too. My God...eating well and exercising is essential.....like.....the foundation of the maslow pryamid, you know? Life works way better with those two pieces in place. I mean..honestly...we ALL screw it up from time to time...but..remembering that eating well and exercising IS the right foundation...is important....and after we mess up..getting back to that basic principle is key.

    And..hey...OWN that 2 pounds!!! 2 pounds a week is actually a perfect amount to lose.....that is 8 pounds a month..and when you keep doing that month after month...it STAYS away! You are doing great!!! Keep it up....and keep channeling that "anger" in productive ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing! Keep it up! It's so hard to do those jumping jacks when you've got extra weight. I have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand not wanting to read about non-inspiration blogs, but you have to remember that everyone is on their own journey. Blogs are about expressing the good and the bad. We can't always be 'up' all the time. Weight loss is a struggle and a roller coaster ride. Luckily lately I have been on the wagon and hopefully I will stay there, but I definitely can empathize with those who do fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you were giving up. I am so glad you aren't because you are truly an inspiration. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have odd days like that, but it tends to be PMS-driven... If blogs like that piss you off, try reading some of the posts on the Yahoo weight loss support groups... Often they're one massive pity party and the effect is contagious... I have to leave those groups well alone now - my own positive posts are completely overlooked in favour or the "I don't know what happened... I just ate two super-sized McD's meals... I might as well eat this massive chocolate cake as well"...

    I know that sounds harsh, but these people need a professional kind of help, or they need to accept that food is more important to them than a healthy weight and lifestyle...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i definately thought you were going to give up
    im glad your not
    you had a great workout
    thats what i say if jillian says jump i say how high lol
    i agree though i think alot of people around blogland have been getting the winter blues and giving up too easily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...