Monday, February 1, 2010

SWEATING MARSHMALLOWS - DROPPIN' SUGAR CUBES

I worked out twice today. Yes, you read that correctly. TWICE. 45 minutes each, both in the pouring rain. The first time mid-afternoon with my youngest asleep in the stroller. The second time with both my girls asleep in the stroller and my grandma as my companion.

Now, I am sure some of you are thinking. Your GRAMMA? But don't knock her. She's 61 years old and can walk faster than some 20-30 year olds I know. She's spry and spunky and I definitely got a workout.

Which brings me to the fact that my pedometer today (after both workouts and for ONLY those workouts) read 7584 steps. Holy Shazaaannng!!! My daily goal is 10,000 so if I took another 3000 steps aside from the exercise just 'moving about the cabin' and running after my hyperactive 20 month old then I met my goal. I guess I should wear my pedometer when I'm awake? Not JUST when I'm exercising.

A small non scale related but still weight related accomplishment:

Before my girls I bought a rain coat in XXXL. It fit snugly when I bought it but it was the largest size they had. Then I got pregnant with Buzzy and I could no longer zip the jacket. I gave birth, lost a ton of weight and could zip it again but like before, it was still snug. Then I got pregnant with Breezely and once again I couldn't zip it. Gave birth, lost a ton of weight and could still barely zip it. Today, I tried it on for the first time in over 3 months. Could I zip it? OH HELL YEAH I COULD ZIP IT! Was it snug? NOPE! THERE WERE APPROXIMATELY 3 FULL INCHES I COULD GRAB OF COAT IN ANY GIVEN DIRECTION! Hallelujah!!

Another fabulous but
COMPLETELY NON-OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT,
Remember how yesterday the scale said 304? Well, this morning it said 303! NICE! 2 lbs down since Friday weigh in and still 4 more days till the next weigh in. I wonder if I can pull off a miracle and drop below 300 this week? Not likely. I'm thinking my next weight will probably sustain at about 303. I have to account for any water retention, and other fluctuations such as muscle gain from exercise.

I have to say how completely stoked and flattered and HUMBLED I am by the support that keeps pouring in and not ONLY in my comments but in my e-mail and even in the form of texts on my phone! I FEEL THE LOVE!

And on that note, I shall leave you. I feel gross and dirty from all the walking and sweating I did today. SHOWWWWWEEERRR TIMMME!! Oh yeah!

The Fat Chick

3 comments :

  1. You have two little ones and you not only are working out but have time for a shower...talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the "raincoat victory!" I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets motivated from daily weigh-ins! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...