Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Smattering

I'm feeling empty today. I'm feeling as though there should be more, or perhaps like I deserve less. I'm not sure, and in the process I'm not making sense.

Today was my grandpa's funeral. I tried not to think about that.

Today I watched HORRIBLY depressing movie called 'Premonition' with my sister. If you haven't seen it, well it's HORRIBLE. Especially to watch on Valentine's day. You see this woman, Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock), finds out her husband has died. Then she goes to sleep and every time she wakes up she skips days. Until she finally puts this whole crazy story and list of events together and is able to find her husband to try to stop his death. The problem is (AND THIS IS A SPOILER IN CASE YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW) he dies anyways!! WTF? It's horrible. HORRIBLE I TELL YOU!! Not the movie to watch on Valentine's Day!

Today I spent between 11AM and 3PM with my girls' daddy. I don't know if it was the 'love in the air' or what my problem was but I actually found myself enjoying his company and missing him. He wants us to be together. I don't . . . or didn't . . . No, I still don't. But I do miss him. He bought me a Valentine's Day present. Now for those of you who don't know me, I'm not a romantic. I'm not into fuzzy stuffed animals, sweet chocolates or beautiful flowers. Stuffed animals cause clutter, sweet chocolates make me fat and flowers die. 'Nuff said. And he knew this. So what did he get me? Something I've wanted for a while. An iPhone. Yup, uh huh. An iPhone. AND IT ROCKS!!

In the weightloss portion of my life, I'm doing ok. I keep bobbing back and forth from 298-299-298 on the scale. But on Wii Fit Plus tonight after some hardcore work it was nearing the 297 mark, so here's to hoping I break free of the bouncing numbers.

I will admit I didn't eat as well as I could have/should have today. Although, I didn't eat as poorly as I normally would have either. Here it is in a small tidy nutshell.

Breakfast:

Ihop - coffee with cream/1.5 cups corned beef hash/two eggs over medium/1 cup hashbrowns/one piece dry wheat toast with a bit of jelly

Dinner: (Yep, you read right. I ate no lunch and had only 2 meals today...tsk tsk shame on me)

3oz Tri Tip/ 1.5 cups Pan fried potatoes/3/4 cup green beans

My legs hurt. Wii KILLS my calves. I can barely get up in the middle of the night to go pee. Okay, I know. TMI.

Anyhoo, hope everyone had a wonderful valentines day regardless of situation or relationship status.

The Fat Chick

5 comments :

  1. My condolences.

    Have fun with the iphone, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the death in the family, i know the hurt you are feeling.

    Take the steps needed, go down to the 289, the 279, and lower. You are very much able to do it, but you must get serious with it.
    I am cheering you on!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoot! Congrats on the iphone! I know its hard with the ex...its a turmoil of emotions i wish you the best on that! and keep going! your one of my inspirations! you got 2 lil ones and are bringing sexy back so with my lil monster I have too! I can if u can:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for your loss... keep it up for your goal, get pass that 298.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...