WARNING: Crabby Post
I don't know if I have mentioned any of this before but I'll take the chance that I haven't, risking my reputation of non-repetitive story telling (yeah right) and let you know. I HAVE BEEN FAT ALL MY LIFE. Okay, it really started around 7-8 years old but considering that I am 25 that is nearly 2/3 of my life. Anyway, I volley balled in high school between 200-230. After high school I became an assistant manager at McDonald's (cringe) where I gained an astonishing 50 lbs.
** I suggest you don't eat at McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner. You too can gain 50 lbs in 6 MONTHS!!
After I left McDonalds I yo-yo'd between 275 and 290 and one summer I actually reached 300lbs. I lost 30 lbs that summer on The Larry North diet (you can google it) but was never able to go further. Ahem... I was able. I chose not to. And thus I returned to yo-yo-ing between 270 and 285lbs.
When I got married I had just lived for 6 months in Mexico teaching English to children and adults alike. In 6 months I hadn't eaten a morsel of refined, processed or bleached food. There were no chemicals on my vegetables and no hormones in my meat. I came back (after leaving at 290lbs) a whopping 35lbs lighter at 265 lbs.
One year later. I was at 300 again. I got pregnant. I miscarried. I weighed 310. I got pregnant again and gained 62 lbs making my highest weight EVER 372 lbs. I gave birth. I went down to 312 in 3 months. I got pregnant again 1 month later. I gained 35 lbs.
All this said, it is obvious my weight has fluctuated up and down severely my entire adult life and much of my teen life as well. The reason this is relevant is because I don't know where all the sudden freakish body changes are coming from. It seems the catalyst for everything was my change in eating habits and my determination to exercise. Here is my list of symptoms:
1. My feet - Planter's Fascitis (why didn't I have this before when I was my heaviest?)
2. My back - Just pain and lots of it.
**Tangent- With Breezely I had an elective cesarean and the anesthesiologist seriously botched the spinal. What normally takes all of 10-15 minutes start to finish took nearly an hour. He used more than 15 needles my mom said (not counting numbing needles) ranging from fairly thin to enormous in diameter. The end result was this:
This seems to be where most of the pain stem from, but is this truly the cause of my daily/nightly pain after 7 months?
3. Dry skin - My knuckles, my elbows and my feet are all so dry they crack and bleed. WTF? I thought eating healthy was supposed to enhance skin elasticity and the balance of oils etc.
4. Fatigue - At first I thought I was just feeling lazy. But as days and weeks went by I realized I was becoming narcoleptic. I can fall asleep at any given moment anywhere. ANYWHERE. Like on the toilet if I happen to sit there for longer than a couple minutes.
5. My Periods - TMI WARNING - This cycle (if you can even call it a cycle) I have been bleeding for 4 weeks straight. I started my cycle on February 7th or so, it dissipated but never went away and three days ago started back full force! WTF?????? You'd think I'd run out at some point, but no. No no no. I just keep on bleeding.
So, what's wrong with me? Why is this happening now? What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Opinions? Please enlighten me cuz I feel like I'm going looney tunes!!!
^^^^Bonus Points for those who can tell me what the line above comes from^^^^
Today's Food Log - Haven't done this in a while
Breakfast - Coffee w/ cream + Muffin = 315 cals
Lunch - Lean Cuisine Spinach Mushroom Panini + 1 serving pop chips = 430 cals
Snack - Blood Orange = 75 cals
Dinner - 8 Sushi rolls + White sticky rice + sweet chili sauce = 700 cals
Dessert - Chocolate covered pretzels 100 cal pack - 100 cals
Today's total - 1620 cals
** Went 120 over my 1500 cal daily goal but I'm okay with that. I did good given the circumstances and all the fried wantons I COULD have eaten.
The Fat Chick