Monday, March 1, 2010

FUNKY-CHUNK-A-MONKEY

(no my post has nothing to do with the title. NO-thing. Are you totally bummed. I know I would be cuz that's an awesome title and to be followed by what follows here just puts the title to shame. But, I'm sure you'll eventually get over it. Really. Don't cry. There there . . . )

I'm sick.

(both mentally and physically, and I'm sure you're eyebrows are furrowed and you're nodding in agreement - shut up Courtney!)

Sick.

But mother's aren't allowed to be sick.

And mother's who are trying to lose weight and keep trying to exercise to no avail are absolutely exempt and fully forbidden from getting sick.

That's why I'm sick. It's Murphy's law. Murphy (both the scale and the law) likes to shit all over me once in a while.

Not cool Murphy. Not cool.

Anyway, I hate being sick. As I look over my blog I realize how much I say that I HATE things but being sick is one thing I irrefutably, undeniably, absolutely abhor (like my intense vocab word?) LOL Anyway, so this morning I woke up with a sore throat. Not so bad that I thought I was dying but you know the start of a sore throat when it feels as though an evil dust filled feather duster is not so gently tickling assaulting the back of your throat every time you swallow or breathe too deeply. The kind that makes you wanna cough and sputter and spit your uvula (ie - the dangly thing in the back of your throat) out. Yes, this is how I woke up. Nice wake up call.

Murphy (my scale) this morning however was sweet and gentle as I stepped upon him and the numbers flickered by and then registered. Today (for those of you who haven't read my other posts including them) is an unofficial weigh in day. ALMOST every day for me is an unofficial weigh in day except Friday which happens to be my OFFICIAL weigh in day. In any case I was at 193 <-- (That is what I wrote first but now I am editing to say to myself 'hahahahaha wishful thinking dumbass' ) 293this morning. I am hoping within the next 2 weeks to officially leave the 290's forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever amen...



Do you know that country song?

Okay, not important. I digress on strange tangents like this often. It's part of my charm... or not. See? Another tangent.



Lately I have been feeling munchy and I literally have an internal war with myself about portion size, calories etc when it comes to 'snacking' which I have all but eliminated from my daily habit. In lieu of not snacking I find myself wanting to eat bigger portions when it comes to meal time. I thought this photo was appropriate. It is about how I feel when I measure out my breakfast, lunch and dinner portions, although that size spoon puts my imaginary measuring spoon to shame. Thankfully though, logic, common sense and the NEED to be thin and healthy always overpower the need to use the BIG ASS MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS and I eat the portion size I should. ((sigh)) At that particular moment I always feel deprived and I think to myself, 'one more bite, one more portion, one more spoonful or whatever, won't hurt' but I always stop myself. It's hard to have self control and willpower sometimes. Other times I will admit it comes to me much easier and quicker. Where it used to take me literally several minutes to finish the argument within my head it now only takes me a couple and sometimes only a few seconds because in the end, I know that if I eat that extra bite, spoonful, plateful I'll have to do this. DUN DUN DUN DUN. Exercise and with my sick girls and my bum feet I will probably only end up doing this

and I can't risk that because then the scale will say this and I just can't go there yet. So, now that I have entertained bored you with my random daily blabber, I am going back to my motherly duties. Freak-Show here I come!

The Fat Chick

4 comments :

  1. "Go jog, Fatass" is poetry. Can I steal that for my blog? Where did you find it?

    http://vislosingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like your intense vocab word.
    I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boring? I don't think so. Nice job on the weightloss and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...