Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SHOWER = EPIPHANY

So, not an hour after my last post I now know why I started spiraling downward on my journey. I took a shower and while I was all lathered in soap it hit me. (No, not the soap - the epiphany)

There is an expression that goes if you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always got & Albert Einstein said, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. So, why am I sputtering all this garble you ask?

Because I CHANGED what I was doing.

For the first 6 weeks of my weight loss I didn't change my train of thought. Yes, I had up and down days, high calorie but mostly low calories days and some exercise here and there and everywhere...right? Well, then I got stuck on the concept of the zigzag method.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD IDEA!!

Why change something when it's working? Why fix something that isn't broken?

So, that being said I am no longer going to purposely 'do' the zigzag method. My goal is 1500 calories, no more no less, no exceptions.

The other thing that I have failed to do these last few weeks is make muffins. For the first 6 weeks I had 140 calorie muffins ready and made for my breakfast every morning to go with my coffee. I haven't made muffins in over 2.5 weeks. I better get on that tomorrow morning.

THANK YOU GOD FOR THE EPIPHANY AND THANK YOU MY READERS FOR RIDING MY ROLLER COASTER ALONG WITH ME. IT MAY BE A BUMPY RIDE BUT I'LL GET THERE!! YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS (OR MINE) ON IT!!!


Edited to add: I have a reward for myself (that I hope someone I love will gift me-LOL) when I reach 285 aka 40lbs lost. This beauty!! And she only costs $105.00!!!



The Fat Chick

6 comments :

  1. That machine will do much for you and you can watch tv while using it!
    Go for that 285, you can do it soon!

    Secretia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we get caught up with the better thing when what we are doing is working just fine. It happens and sometimes basics are best. For me anyways that tends to be the rule, When I complicate things its goes haywire

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i loves those things
    you can sit and watch tv and get a good exercise lol
    love it
    glad you had a great epiphany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see a more upbeat post :) Keep going girl and hit that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going back to what works always works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job girl! I totally agree - if it aint broke - dont fix it! Zig zagging works for some, but not all. Find what works for you and stick to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...