Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WHAT A FLIPPIN' DAY

I woke to my 2nd least favorite visitor next to TOM. This one is MIG also known as MIGRAINE. He is a long lost friend who used to visit several times a week but now only drops in maybe 1 or 2 times a month.

I know why he assumed he was invited. The heater was left on all night and being that my room is the hottest in the house it turned into a sauna. My friend loves heat and so he figures whenever I get too warm for too long, it's time for a visit.

So, I woke up, took some apsirin, ate 1 of the crisps from Buzzy's package of 100 calorie Special K crisps and poured myself a cup of coffee. I then ate my own package of crisps but my coffee tasted off so I poured it out in the sink. (Bummer, I had been looking forward to the caffeine to aid in sending MIG on his way)


I felt sick and hungry and gross and so I decided to eat an almond poppyseed muffin. (the poppyseed is crossed out because in the baking process I forgot to add the poppyseeds) Anyway, I ate the muffin, still felt famished. Opened the fridge. Grabbed a couple grapes, grabbed a strawberry and went to sit down on the couch.

Well, as Murphy's Law would have it, on a day where I feel like crapola there is no way my girls are going to be quiet little angels. Of course not! No, Buzzy wanted this and that and needed me to go here and get this and turn on that and wanted me to hold her. Breezely was basically the same but instead of using words she just cried. AND CRIED AND CRIED AND CRIED. Soon my head was throbbing so intensely that I thought I might black out. I called my grandma who rushed over from work to help me. She closed the blinds, gave me a pack of frozen peas for my head and took the girls to play with them. I felt ill, threw up the crisps, the muffin, the grapes and the strawberry, still felt ill, went back to the couch and rested. I still didn't feel any relief. 2 hours later it was still raging and my gramma had a meeting she needed to go to, so my sister took the girls for another 1.5 hours. I slept and felt marginally better when I woke up. We ate soup together with saltines and watched Maid Of Honor. I had a 100 cal pack of chocolate covered pretzels, a few more grapes and another strawberry.

I hate migraines. They whip my butt and leave me feeling exhausted and sick. I managed to eat a couple bowls of the tortilla soup my gramma made though. YUMMM! and for dessert I had 3 pocky. (they are only 10 cals per stick)


So now, my head still hurts but I am nowhere near the level of pain I was in this morning. Before I sleep tonight I am going to take some excedrin migraine and hope to squash MIG once and for all. Well, for at least a few weeks when I know he'll come crawling back for another visit.
Total Calories for today - Approximately 1064 cals - 1468 cals (Do the calories I barfed up count? If they do then the latter calorie count is correct and if they don't then the former is) Either way I am below my estimated 1500 cals per day.
Total Exercise for today - 0 Minutes unless you count lugging my girls around exercise. I just couldn't bring myself to do it with this lingering ice pick in the left side of my head. KWIM?
The Fat Chick

3 comments :

  1. Ohhhh, I haven't had Pocky in years. It used to be one of my favorite treats. I didn't realize it was so low in calories. Thanks for mentioning that, I will have to get some.
    Hope your migraine takes a flying leap by morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I have had one of those day. tHE KIDS love to be especially loud when my head hurts so bad that it feels as if its imploding. You may want to talk to your doctor. I suffered with migraines for years until I finally found a doctor who listened. I tried the replax which helped but wasn't covered (thanks Blue Cross) and discovered Fiorcet. Its a life saver! I mean literally it made me function again. After about 40 minutes it works and the headache is bearable if not gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Migraines stink. I get them often too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...