Friday, April 16, 2010


'Static infuses the air of the room. It is palpable, tangible. The hairs on my arms stand at attention. A chill rises and then shivers back down my spine. My heart thuds arrhythmically causing my breath to stutter and when I swallow my throat is dry, parched. It is as if it is the first time I am seeing him. No, this time is unequivocally more intense. The sweet, unique smell of him in such close proximity is dizzying. I fight the black curtain that threatens to close over my conscious. I stand lost, mesmerized by the blue irises that swim. I could drown in the ripples of blue shadows overlapping each other. Sparkling sapphires only interrupted by his perfect onyx pupil and I am the cause. The catalyst for those ripples. The same way he charges the room with electricity, I cause his eyes to shimmer. Why? Because he is immortal . . . and I may be also.'

Copyright © 2010
K. Portillo & C. Davidson
All right reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced in any form without written permission from the authors.


No one entered the stretching contest. Okay, that's fine. I'll just use the $25.00 gift card for myself. No need to know what it was right?? Nahhh... Since no one participated I'm gonna hold off on the next 3. Let me know if you might be interested in another challenge. K?

So, I got an interesting question from someone who we will keep anonymous today. S/he said this:

'You said if someone followed you, you would in return follow them. I have been following you for weeks now. I am guessing you overlooked me."

S/he then goes on to give me the URL of their blog.

Let me rephrase my 'promise' to follow.
I promise to follow you if you follow me
IF your blog is updated more than once a month (I like to follow people who keep frequent updates. There is nothing that ticks me off more than getting connected to someone and having them drop of the edge of the earth only to resurface every six months with a 'hey how are ya blog world'...)
I will follow you IF your blog is not offensive to me.
(ie: I will not follow hate/racist/political/bashing/etc) and
I CERTAINLY WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU IF YOU CREEP ME OUT.

Okay. Nuff said there.

On that note, I think I ate pretty well today. Minus the few pieces of Italian bread I had with my spaghetti dinner. I ran and played basketball and climbed jungle gyms and such today though so maybe the two canceled each other out. I think starting the first of May I am going to begin the C25K challenge. Yay!

And lastly, HEY JESSICA! MY WINNER OF THE FIRST UGLY CUPCAKE CHALLENGE. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET YOUR PRIZE.

The Fat Chick

6 comments :

  1. I really wanted to participate in the stretching challenge, but my camera went all wonky on me. :( I had it planned right down to the clothing. I'm definitely interested in more challenges, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a creepy, blog stalker. Awesome. One more thing to worry about. It never occurred to me that people would be creepy. I guess I assume that all fatties are as rad as me :-)
    Have a great weekend. Don't stress it.

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun I was going to participate in the turning yourself into a pretzel challenge but had a visitor that made living next to impossible and i agree that u should use the certificate on yourself! And I will definately oarticipate in the next challenge when ever it be. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl
    i am definitely interested in another challenge. i wanted to do the stretching one, but my boyfriend had surgery so i had no one to take the pictures for me ha ha. im looking forward to the next one though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have participated in the challenge but I just could not pull off those awesome stretching moves you got going on. I am definitely not flexible. I can barely touch my toes. Ha Ha. It definitely is a challenge. I am so gla dto see you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be either hate/racist/political/bashing/etc) or just plain creepy! lol.

    Your not following me! The reason why I wrote the above statement.. That is ok though. I don't expect people to follow me because I'm following them.

    As for not participating in challenges,I seriously have to limit my time in what I get involved in or I will just plain burn out.So many challenges on You Tube to participate, and the blog world..You deserve the gift card, you earned it! Enjoy it.

    Enjoy your little blogging break day also. Read you post....hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...