Sunday, May 2, 2010

AWARD, C25K, BELLY ISSUES & DEFECTIVE UNDERWEAR

I love getting awards. I don't often participate though, because sometimes I feel that not everyone would be interested in reading my silly nothings as opposed to my baby-daddy drama or my weight loss saga. But Chris from A Deliberate Life kinda egged me on when she said in the comments, '...I wanna see what you'll do with it.' Nothin' like a good 'I dare ya,' statement to get me hoppin'!!LOL

Anyway, this is what I am supposed to do.



1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!

2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
  • (a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.

  • (b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.

  • (c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.

  • (d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.

  • (e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning,before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself.Don’t forget to tell them.

Well, I hate to disappoint but A won't work because I don't drink. I would love to do D but have not yet received my tax refund and thus have no camera with which to record and E . . . well, I'm posting now. Not tomorrow morning. So that leaves me with B or C. Hmmmm . . . ((ponder ponder . . . think think . . .)) hmmmm . . . I'm gonna go with B.

So, this isn't a funny ha ha embarrassing story. This is a hang my head in shame and wonder what kind of freak am I story, but it fits the embarrassing aspect so I'll tell it. 6 months ago when I moved in with my mom I had left 3/4 of my material things behind in our apartment. This included clothing and ALL of my socks. One day when my mom was at work I realized I needed a pair of socks to wear my tennis shoes and so I went rummaging through her sock drawer. Now, this may seem innocent to most but my mom is very picky about sharing her clothes/makeup/lotions/perfumes/basically anything she wears on her body. I knew this and 'borrowed' a pair of socks anyway and not just the plain white socks in her drawer... No, I picked the socks with the baby pink toes and heel. Sooo . . . Fast forward a few days and I had washed her socks but not returned them and decided to wear them again. We were sitting in the living room on the floor playing with the girls and she notices the socks and says,

"Kris, are those my socks?" Now, obviously they were. They have the pink toes and heel and no one else in the house has socks like that. So what do I say? I say,

"Nope." Yep. 25 years old and lying to my mom about borrowing her socks.

"Yes, they are." She insisted.

"Are they?" I asked and then proceeded to lie again burying myself deeper. "You let me borrow these a while back. I found them in my drawer." ((cough cough ahem))

"No, I didn't." My mom insists.

"Yeah, you did." I insist like an idiot.

"Ok." She concedes.

I feel stupid. I feel like a child and most of all I feel GUILTY!! Serious attack of conscience here. So later, I text her and apologize and tell her I lied and I don't know why I lied. All was forgiven but man was I embarrassed. I felt like such a loser. What 25 year old lies to her mom about something soooooo trivial??

And I will pass this award on to:


Allison at DoubleChinned
Christina at My Last Weight Loss Journey
Missa at LosingEthel
LauraLynne at Taking the Scale by Storm


C25k Update

I did the whole thing tonight. Pushed through each run. Sang my songs, focused, almost cried, almost hyperventilated and almost quit but I did it. 1 warm up. 9 jogs. 8 walks. 1 cool down. HELL YA!


Belly Issues

My belly hurts. It has for 3 days now. I don't know why and I don't like it. Nuff said.


Defective Underwear

Things you learn as a non-runner when you start to run:

  • Don't sprint on your first run. You will get tired quickly.

  • Don't pay attention to the people around you. Some may look, some may stare, some may smile, others may laugh and teenagers may whisper.

  • Try not to flip off said teenagers

  • Try not to pay attention to how your butt is jiggling during each 60 second jog

  • Ear buds are not friendly. They fall out. Superglue them in ears next time.

  • Don't wear men's big and tall 4x t-shirt when you actually only wear a 2x in women's. It looks funny and people will stare.

  • Don't wear yoga pants you wore when you were pregnant and nearly 100lbs heavier than you are now. Bouncing and jiggling will cause gravity to take control and they WILL FALL DOWN.

  • Go commando. Underwear is only good for looks. In order to avoid wedgies/rolling/falling off, just don't wear any.

Tonight as I jogged my first 60 second jog my pants felt as though they were beginning to slip down. I grabbed the waist and yanked them up. Then I felt my underwear slipping down. My 60 seconds were almost over so I just yanked them up to and then started walking. Next jog and immediately the underwear starts to slip and then roll. It rolls right down under my butt cheeks and I can't adjust mid-run because there are teen boys playing basketball all around me on this side of the street. So I have to wait through the run and nearly the whole way through the 90 second walk before I can pull my underwear up again. Not easy to do inconspicuously. From then on I held onto my pants and underwear when I ran. Next time, smaller pants and no underwear. CHECK


7 comments :

  1. you lied because whenever your mom looks at you with her mom look and says something in her mom voice..no matter how old you are, you revert.
    It's a scientific fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing the Couch to 5k, too, and the one thing that's holding me back is the whole underwear/jogging pants falling down thing. I went shopping for new gear the other day to try and rectify the problem, but I didn't get it right :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....how are you timing your run/walk things? Short of having someone yell in my ear to stop running and start walking and then to stop dying and start running again, I can't think how to do it. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I have to wear underware when I run... it helps the jiggle factor! keep with the C25K ... it really really works - you will be shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lil' lady!! I will chew on this for a mo' and decide which of the options to do...

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never considered the no underwear thing, but it would solve my wedgie issues....

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate underwear but i don't go commando, i'm an avid wearer of dresses and skirts. instead i wear bicycle shorts, it feels like i'm not wearing anything but i'm completely covered, plus it prevents chub rub on my thighs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...