Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PIC-O-ME + I FIND MYSELF MOST MOTIVATED WHEN . . .

I got an e-mail asking me when I feel most motivated. Now, I suppose this question could be interpreted several ways but this is how I am going to answer it.

WHEN DO I FEEL MOST MOTIVATED/INSPIRED

1. When I make good food choices
Like today. I am here at Starbucks. For those who don't go to Starbucks or who go but don't pay attention to calories/points, Starbucks drinks and food are L-OAD-ED! A Venti (the largest size) coffee frappuccino with whip cream is a whopping 450+ calories. A Pumpkin scone ((mmm)) is 480 calories. The egg salad sandwich on wheat bread is 460 calories. WOW! So for breakfast and lunch had I eaten what I USED to eat I would have already eaten 1390 calories which would leave me with a whopping 110 calories left for dinner.

Instead though, I had a venti cafe mocha (350 cals) and a classic egg and cheese breakfast sandwich (290 cals) and for lunch I had the 460 cal egg salad sandwich which brings my total to 1100 calories and I still have 400 calories left for dinner and snack if I so choose.

THIS MOTIVATES ME. IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.

2. Making good exercise choices
I will admit, there are days when I JUST DON'T WANT TO EXERCISE. No matter how much I try to convince myself I JUST DON'T WANT TO. It is on these days when I push myself past the idea that 'I DON'T WANT TO' and think to myself, 'JUST DO IT' (This is not ad for Nike...LOL) It is when I JUST DO IT, whether I want to or not that I feel motivated and when I finish, sweating and tired and thirsty I feel good.

THIS MOTIVATES ME. IT MAKES ME FEEL HEALTHY.

3. Seeing pictures of myself 4 months ago compared to pictures of today.
4 months ago I was a stagnant, not participating human being on this planet. I weighed 325 (possibly more) and I spent my days as a spectator on the couch. I was the person behind the camera, never the person in the photos. Today I am 50lbs lighter. Almost 100lbs lighter than my all time heaviest of 372lbs. Today I don't spend my days on the couch, although sometimes I'd like to. Today I walk at least 2 miles every day. Today I jog for a minimum of 9 minutes every day. Today I play with my girls and carry them everywhere instead of using their walkers/high chairs and other aids to cart them around. Today I like what I see in photos and I know that image will only get better with time. Seeing the difference between now and then is awesome.

KNOWING I WENT FROM A PROVERBIAL BUMP ON A LOG TO AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN MY LIFE MAKES ME FEEL PROACTIVE. BEING PROACTIVE MAKES ME HAPPY.

Here is a photo of myself this morning in my size 20 jeans. 20. 20. 20. I haven't worn size 20 jeans comfortably since I was in my late teens. Oh and this morning I weighed 279. 1 of the 2lbs gained has been lost. THIS IS A PLUS not only because the scale is moving in the right direction but because I am now back in the 270's where I ought to be and working my way down to the 260's. So, can you see the definition in my stomach behind the fat. I never knew I could still be fat and have abdominal definition. ANOTHER PLUS.
Please excuse the torpedo boobs. This is the only portion of the picture I am a little embarrassed by. I have yet to buy new bras even though I am in desperate need. I think I need a 36 D now instead of the 38 DD that I am wearing.


The Fat Chick

5 comments :

  1. omg! Kudos for taking the pics and posting them, and GRATS on the size 20...I remember those days...sigh. what a great accomplishment. And yeah - it's amazing how many calories/fat grams/sugars are in drinks!!! I gave up all sodas (replacing with diet soda...but hey, it's an improvement) Plus - thanks a MILLION for the linkage, I gots lots of comments, and sometimes they make my day :P TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lalskjdf;laksjdfMay 11, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    Great post!
    There are many days that I don't want to exercise but I remind myself of the benefits of exercise and how it will get me that much closer to my goal. And I tell myself that there will probably never be a workout that I will regret afterward.

    BTW, those jeans look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 20's!! 18's will be soon! :)

    Also I'd like to thank you for giving me some motivation, sometimes I feel so alone in this "battle" but reading your posts reminds me I'm not alone and there are others struggling and forging through it! Thanks for that! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave and such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look FREAKING AWESOME! what an awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...