Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CONSISTENCY & MY 400TH POST

I noticed today that since my last post, 'AMERICA RISING', I have lost 4 followers. Now be it that they stopped following because I posted this video, I am not sure. Perhaps they stopped blogging - cancelled their google accounts - lost interest in my journey - decided I was low on their list of preferred blogs - whatever. There could be a zillion and one reasons. But I find it interesting that whenever I post my opinion on religion, politics or sometimes when I muddle on like a broken record about my ex is when I seem to lose followers. Which is fine. I'm not going to stop posting my opinion or talking about the ex.

When I noticed this today, though, it made me think of all the blogs I follow. And I follow many. I enjoy them all and regardless of a person's political/religious beliefs/sexual orientation/other controversial issues or what have you, these blogs and mine all share one common thing: WEIGHT LOSS. Now, I don't know about you, but if you don't get to know the person behind the fat it's more difficult to support them in their journeys. I find it much more enjoyable to read about a person's weight loss when they also post about their life; their joys and sorrows, struggles and accomplishments. But then maybe that's just me.

Recently I unfollowed several people, but the reason was that they hadn't posted in more than 1 month. Aside from personable blogs, I like consistent blogs and I tend to quickly become unfamiliar and confused by bloggers who don't post for several months and then randomly just pop back in.Perhaps a few of those blogs were the ones who decided to return the favor of unfollowing me. That's fine.

But to celebrate those blogs who write on a consistent basis and keep me enthralled in their lives and weight loss; to celebrate people who motivate me and move me I made the CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT BLOG AWARD. I want anyone who is reading this and on my list of blogs I read (which you can find HERE) to take it and do the same on their blog. I don't think I am the only one who enjoys consistency. I don't think I am the only one who likes to hear regularly from those she cares about in this wonderful online weight loss community. SO ENJOY!!

ONCE AGAIN, TO SEE IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY CONSISTENT BLOGGERS CLICK
AND FIND YOUR NAME UNDER THE LIST OF BLOGS I FOLLOW! IF YOU'RE NOT THERE AND WANT TO BE, LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS.

Photobucket


That's all for now.

LATER CHIQUIS

THE Fat Chick

3 comments :

  1. You don't follow me : )
    http://jessisfound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is good to get to *know* the bloggers you follow - it just feels better to know what they are thinking/going through/believe/struggle with, etc and by blogging consistently (not necessarily daily, but on a regular basis) it helps that to happen and you can build bonds (even without ever talking to the person) so I totally get where you are coming from. I also get that it shouldn't matter what political/religious/other stuff people post, they are who they are which is why you like/follow them in the first place.

    Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I made "the list"! You are doing great and I love reading your blog - politics, religion, ex and all! Pregnancy put me at the highest I have ever been (*shakes fist at baby who is not actually in the room*) and your journey has inspired me to get off my duff and lose my own weight!

    Keep up the good work :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...