Friday, July 2, 2010

PROUD ON MANY LEVELS

Woke up this morning and weighed in. Through the chaos of children trying to climb on the scale with me and thus knocking me off on more than one occassion, I was disgruntled and unsatisfied when the numbers flashed 310 and then went blank. My oldest who weighs a bit over 30lbs says, mama weighs 30lbs and I think to myself, no mama needs to lose 30lbs x 4+. So I second guess my recent attempts at eating well wondering if the scale was going to say 283 or even more. I feed my girls breakfast, wash babas, entertain them a bit with my outstanding skills (ie: the tv) and rush off to the bathroom to weigh myself BY MYSELF!

I step on the scale and wait. Images of 310 and 283 flash in my memory. I hold my breath and look down at what the scale has to say. I whisper a silent prayer and . . . 278!!! FIVE lbs down!! Holy canoli!!

I now have 4lbs left to 274 which was my lowest weight several weeks ago and then 260s here I come!

Oh my picture taker was not home last night so I will have her do them today.

In other news i wrote a scene in my book last night that moved me to tears. I am not boasting or exaggerating. I am very proud of myself and how far I have come since I began writing my books over a year ago. I will probably do a contest for anyone who wishes to participate and the winner(s) will get to read the rough draft of my manuscript and give me feedback before ANYONE else.

And thirdly, my 2 year old can spell! I was talking to her grandpa this morning and spelled Nana and Momo which are her gramma and great gramma and each time I would spell them she would say the word I had spelled.

Soooo, I hopw everyone has a very happy Friday and a great 4th of July weekend!!




The Fat Chick
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments :

  1. Awesome weight loss!!! *insert happy dance here*

    Now you can see that you are doing better than you think you are. You often say in your posts that your eating was "not fabulous" or "not great" when you have a salad at McDonald's or a couple of Buzzy's french fries. You don't realize that you're still eating fewer calories and much healthier than you were in the past. And the proof is that you are still losing weight! :)

    Keep it up and you will reach your goal weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!! Awesome job on the weight loss! That's fantastic!

    And by the way, I want in on that contest. I'd LOVE to read your manuscript!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very proud of you!! Great job!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...