Thursday, July 29, 2010

SALADS & FOLLOWERS & WEIGH INS . . . OH MY!

Ok, people. How is it possible that I get quite a few e-mails, quite a few comments and quite a few misc. messages but I have only gotten 4 salad recipes!! Come on! Remember, the 1st prize winner has a choice between a pink mini elliptical or a gift card. So send in your salad recipes. My gut is craving salad and what better way to satisfy that craving than trying all my follower's (or non follower's) favorite salads. Come on people. Send em in. You can go HERE to see where you can send them or just click the Salad Marathon Challenge link at the top left hand side of my blog. Come on, I know you can do it. Bring on the lettuce. Err, or whatever your favorite salad has. (Lettuce is not a necessity - any kind of salad. Tuna, chicken, fish, fruit - WHATEVER just please make sure it is 500 calories or less per serving) THANKS!

I am shocked and dismayed and . . . surprised. (Yeah, I know. Mildly anti-climatic) LOL Actually I was quite pleased and excited when I got online to check my blog for comments and to set up this post to see I had reached more than 200 followers. I had never guessed in 100, 1000, 1million years (I exaggerate - as if you couldn't tell) that I would have even 50 followers, let alone 200. So thanks for following me and sharing in this little part of cyber space that is mine. I appreciate every one of you and have actually attempted to follow each and every one of you in return (except those that don't have follow-able links) I have even made some very close friends with a few of you and wish we all lived closer so we could get together and eat . . . I mean visit.

Lastly, weigh in day is tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. I wish I could beat or shoot (like the dear old lady to the left over there) my scale into submission to read what I want it to read but the scale doesn't lie. Actually it does lie, but it also tells the truth. Especially when you have gone on every other day binging rampages. That is when the scale decides it is under oath and must under no circumstances give a number that is inaccurate. ((sigh)) What will be will be though, right? Right. So I will face my demons binges like a big girl and suck it up, whatever the scale says. I was an exceedingly good girl today though. Remember those 700 calories I said I had left in my last post? Well 100 of them went 1/4 of a Starbucks double chocolate brownie that my mom had gotten for Buzzy. She wanted to share with mama and mama was NOT OPPOSED but I told myself 1/4 and no more! And I did it!! 1/4 of yummy chocolately goodness. HAVE I EVER MENTIONED THAT STARBUCKS IS THE DEVIL?? Well, it is for me. Anyhoo, I'd like to say I didn't want more. I did, but I didn't. Not another bite, not another nibble and not even a lick. Nope! When Buzzy was done with the rest (and of course she didn't finish it) I tossed that sucker in the garbage disposal and was done with it. D.O.N.E! Then for dinner I had a 310 calories Healthy Choice meal consisting of BBQ chicken, potatoes, sweet corn and apple pie. It was good too. MMM MMM MMM! And now I am done for the day, topping out at just over 1200 calories. AND TONIGHT I GET MY LATERAL THIGH TRAINER! I'm gonna rock these fat old thighs into rock hard muscle machines! Haha!
Ok, done rambling now.
GO FIND A SALAD RECIPE FOR ME!
The Fat Chick

5 comments :

  1. okay okay...here's a salad I eat.
    Butter lettuce
    Iceburg lettuce
    red onion (no salad is complete without it.)
    red bell pepper
    1 cucumber (peel removed)
    1 big tomater.
    and that's it.
    riveting..isn't it.
    I don't think there is hardly any calories worth counting in it....I eat a big bowl and give it a 100 calories. (That's with a tablespoon of catalina dressing)
    This is what I eat with any italian food I make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delay. But this is my favorite salad:
    1 cup Spring Mix Salad

    approx 8 Cherry or Grape tomatoes cut in half

    1/4 c quiona(grain available at most supermarkets in the natural foods section)

    1/4 c grilled asparagus

    1 oz slice of Swiss cheese chopped into tiny pieces

    2 tbsp chopped red onion


    Salad Dressing:
    1 tsp Lemon Juice
    1 tsp Lime Juice
    1 packet of Splenda
    1 tsp E.v.o.o
    dash garlic powder
    sprinkle pepper, salt
    wisk together
    and toss with salad

    On a side note I make the quiona the night before instead of rice and serve with parm. cheese the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the salad I've been loving lately:

    3 cups spring mix salad
    1/2 cup sliced red onion
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    3 oz thinly sliced london broil (prefereably from organic beef)
    1 Tbsp light ranch

    For some reason I like it best if the beef is still slightly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's one of my favorites. I especially love it in the summer when there's a lot of fresh, locally grown asparagus at the Farmer's Market. It makes quite a bit and I eat it as a main course and also on the side with anything from the grill.

    Ham Salad with Asparagus

    1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon Dijon or spicy mustard (your preference)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Splenda
    1 cup diced fully cooked lean or fat-free ham
    2 green onions cut into small pieces

    Directions

    In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately immerse in cold to stop the cooking process. Drain very, very well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

    Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and Splenda; mix well (a jar with a tight lid works well for this--just shake it up). Cover and refrigerate dressing at least 1 hour.

    Place asparagus in a serving bowl. Top with ham, onions, and dressing. Serve with a slotted spoon.

    YUM! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow. Oh P.S. I totally moved over to blogger, so now you can follow me. Please do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...