Monday, July 19, 2010

TRYIN ON NEW ROPA CLOTHES & EX UPDATE PER REQUEST

I am temporarily forbidding myself from using the Spanish language.

And no, not because I butcher it and have no business speaking it in the first place.

Al contrario, lo hablo bien Gahh, on the contrary, I speak it well.

But it has been 10 years coming that I should let my ex just flounder his little ass off when it comes to his SELF IMPOSED language barrier.

You see, today Buzzy and Breezy and I went for our normal Monday breakfast with him. NORMALLY, I would have corrected anything he said wrong while speaking English (to help him as he once requested me to do) and interpret anything I knew the waitress wasn't understanding. I would then re-interpret anything he didn't understand that the waitress said into Spanish.

NOT TODAY MY CHICACHICKY-DEE'S. NOT THIS WOMAN!

Instead, I focused on Breezy who was flirting with an elderly gentleman seated behind us and Buzzy who was intent on drawing Hwiper (Swiper) Duh (the) Fox. I will translate toddler-speak, just not Spanish. I thought he was gonna piss his pants when I didn't jump in to help him with his order like I would have over the past 10 years. I could see him in my peripheral vision, his eyes jumping back and forth between the waitress and me. I almost felt bad. BUT THEN I DIDN'T. He's a 34 year old man (almost 35) who insists on living in the United States. He has lived here (at some points legally and some points otherwise) for more than 15 years. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON HE SHOULDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH BETTER THAN HE DOES. NO REASON. And I refuse to be his enabler anymore. He will either learn it or he'll learn it, dammit. I am not his hired translator and refuse to do it anymore.

So, when the waitress brought his eggs without cheese because she didn't understand him and brought him only one side of toast (because he asked for two but once again she didn't understand him) and he eyed me the way he usually does when he wants me to fix something, I just shrugged and went back to extracting crayon from Breezy's mouth.

That felt good.

After breakfast we went to the mall (as per usual) and after two rides on the carousel we went to Sears where I tried on some clothes. I was going to try on more but Breezy started getting fussy due to a late nap time. Here are some clothes I did try on and managed to get photos of.


This was my outfit for the day. Size 20 jeans. Size 2x shirt with size 2x camisole underneath and a size 3x over jacket only because I STILL DO NOT SHOW MY ARMS in public.




This was the first shirt I tried on. Size Large. Not 1x. LARGE. Granted it was a bit tight and I wouldn't wear it in public (yet) but I'm getting there. Before a size large would have rolled up under my boobies and cut off the circulation on my upper arms. So... success!
Oh yes, please excuse the hair. I felt like not doing ANYTHING with it today in an effort to keep the big bad ex's hands off!






This is the same shirt in the size I would have worn 50lbs ago. 3x. Um... yeah, the picture speaks for itself but uh, wow.





This shirt was a size 1x. I liked it a lot. Notice my Breezy is bulldozing my calves. She has such a way of showing her mama love.


'Get outta my way mom, there's a mirror with a baby as cute as me in it!'






This was my original size 2x shirt and 2x camisole but wearing gray cargo pants. These pants actually made me really mad. Size 20 didn't come even up over my hips. Size 22 was TIIIIIIIGHT


So these are size 24's and though they are a bit biggish in the waist they fit everywhere else perfect. Why is it that some pants I can wear a 20 but others 24. Clothing is WEEEIRD!





Same size 24 cargo pants. I really liked them but the size pissed me off so they were a no go.





Actually, I didn't buy anything I tried on. Not sure why. Guess, I just wasn't feelin it.




The rest of the day went smoothly. . . sorta.




It is days like today that really make me think my ex has some kind of disorder and I am not saying that in a funny-haha, he's retarded kinda way. I really think he might be bi-polar or borderline schizo or something. He is just toooooooo high (like today) and then toooooo low (like all the times he threatens me and verbally abuses me etc)




He very openly talked today about us moving back in together. I said nothing so as not to upset the even keel of the day and my girls' time with their daddy but in my mind I was thinking, 'ESTAS LOQUITO O QUE??!?!' errr... I mean I was thinking, 'ARE YOU FRIGGIN OUT-OF-YOUR-COTTON-PICKIN-MIND???'




Scratch that, I really think he is. I really think he goes to a deep dark depressed place sometimes and then hormones fluctuate and neurons re-connect and then life is good again. The problem is, that I can't live that way. My girls can't live that way and considering he wouldn't get help even if he knew he had something, that tells me right there that we CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER EVER AGAIN.




On that note, anyone interested in a .75 marquise cut diamond engagement ring? I'm selling mine. Haha . . . no but really.




Just in case there is the tiniest possibility that someone might be interested here are 2 pix and the stats. Like I said the engagement ring has a .75 carat marquise cut diamond with only 1 little cloud. The ring itself is 18kt gold and size 8. The wedding jacket/band is 14kt gold (yeah, he bought two different kinds of gold, lol) with .25carats worth of diamond chips inlaid top and bottom. They were originally bought for $6000+ and I am asking $2000. ANY TAKERS?




Yeah, I probably wouldn't either. I mean, I am sorta superstitious and would never buy a wedding ring that I knew had seen a marriage broken up. Yikes! Bad karma. I don't believe in karma but if I did... yikes! LOL

K, can you tell I'm getting slap-happy. Exhaustion does that to me. But before I leave for dreamland I thought I'd say one more thing.

Tomorrow is weigh in #3 of the Mommy and Me Weight Loss Challenge. So far I am ahead of my mom by 1lb (her having lost 3 and me 4) What will tomorrow hold? More importantly, what will this Friday hold? I am praying for another 2lb loss. ((praying diligently here))

AND TO LEAVE YOU WITH A SMILE (Hopefully) 3 PHOTOS. 1 OF MY BEAUTIFUL BUZZY. 1 OF MY BREEZY (and my mom) WHO WILL BE 1 IN 2 WEEKS. & 1 OF BABY BOSS BINKY BONG ROCKIN HER SHADES (and Mama Spits). Questions about 'BABY BOSS BINKY BONG' (and Mama Spits)? Click HERE.

BEE-U-TEE-FULL BUZZY

NANA AND BREEZY INTENT ON UM, SPONGEBOB? DORA? NOT SURE.


THAT'S BABY BOSS BINKY BONG TO YA'LLS



Until next time blog loves,

The Fat Chick

7 comments :

  1. Hi there, I came across your blog and got inspired. I have been struggling with weightloss for years. I have three beautiful daughters and want to be the best mommy to them possible. Your girls are so precious and I know that you doing this is the best thing for all of you. THANK YOU for be brave and putting this all out there. I have started my own blog and hope to be as dedicated as you.
    Erica Johnson
    www.emjwwjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable kids. Great story, sorry about the drama. Little blogger love here, you might get crucified for some of the slang we use in normal life. IE, the phrase "retarded" is not one that is used online. Very sensitive folks around, trust me I get freaking reamed all the time.. Just a heads up, and congrats on the progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are amazing!
    I love reading your updates and I am so proud of you for not helping him! :)
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think the large looked too small at all! You've really lost a lot of weight. And your little girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and the girls are getting so big and they are beautiful like their Mommy!!
    And I love the clothes! You look GREAT!
    And I agree with Deedah...the large looked wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, you shouldve bought some of those clothes!! the cargos, hey I feel ya....there are some cuts of pants out there that boggle the mind. Same for me as it sounds like you were describing. When the hips/thighs and ass fit, the waist is huge and vice-versa! They look great on you though, and that orange-ish top with the flowers? NICE....
    Sorry to hear about the ongoing hubby drama (he does sound an awful lot like my ex!). And your babies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are so pretty. :)

    I liked the blue top you tried on, it looked quite nice on you! Shame ya didn't buy it. But there's always others. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...