Monday, August 9, 2010

A GLIMPSE OF OBESITY

My mom developed this photo today from a disposable camera she found.

This was three days after Breezy was born a year ago. Aside from the fluids they pumped into me pre and post c-section I weighed approx. 350lbs! Wholy Heck! 350lbs on a small frame of 5'3 n 3/4" is NOT healthy! Look at my face! Hi swollen!!







I remember feeling gender neutral even though I had just had a baby and only a few months ago did I feel feminine again.

Now, I'm happy to report that I am quickly reclaiming the self I had lost. I'm wearing makeup again. I'm doing my hair. I'm not wearing t-shirts and sweatshirts interchangeably to every occasion and my yoga pants sit folded in the top of my closet unless I'm exercising or wearing them to sleep.

So now I don't feel like this:






I feel like this:





I feel pretty and feminine and myself.

I just want to post those comparison photos because I was literally shocked at my size. I mean, I knew I felt huge and horrible but didn't realize how huge I actually was.

The Fat Chick

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


16 comments :

  1. Wow, You're beautiful!! :) Congrats on what you've accomplished already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible difference, already. You have made wonderful progress, so far.

    I agree with Erica Marie; you are quite a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm WOW!!!!

    Girl you looked great then...I mean look at that beautiful baby you are holding!
    But WOW!
    THAT is why you are my inspiration!!
    Love you tons girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! You're super pretty! I love seeing your numbers right over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You are shrinking so fast! I am so happy that you too are seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a difference! You've been doing awesome and these pictures should give you more inspiration to keep eating healthy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh, you are gorgeous! Your hair is beautiful, and you actually look happy. I can see the non-happiness in your face in the first picture, as it looks like my face in all of mine. Thanks for being such an inspiration and sharing your journey!

    :) Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful. There is such a huge difference, you can tell that you are happier. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I Don't think I can say anything anybody else has not already said. You should be proud of your accomplishments both as a mom and with weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. feels good don't it.
    reclaiming yourself is a great thing to do. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are beautiful!!

    Jennifer
    http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! You are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you look great just remember slow and steady wins the race and you are setting a excellent example for your girls. My son has started working out and he stopped drinking sodas he has learned he likes tea and is eating better all because he sees me doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're gorgeous in that photo you posted!!!! Keep kickin' butt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...