Sunday, August 29, 2010

WHEN DID THIS BECOME A PISSING CONTEST ?!?!?

As I have lurked around blogger-dom-dumb today, I have noticed a recurring trend (and not just in blogs I actively follow but especially in blogs I just happen upon) Perhaps I am the minority here, but in my opinion (as humble - hahahahahaha - as it may be *rolls eyes* ) I don't think it is anyone's job to judge, belittle, berate or insult weight loss bloggers.

Yes, I totally hear all of you who do so screaming at me the usual:




"If you don't want to be judged, don't air your dirty laundry."

"If you weren't such an idiot we wouldn't have to tell you so often."

"If you had even an ounce of self control we'd applaud you - but you don't."

"You can't do this."

"Why aren't you serious about this?"

"You're a horrible mother if you can't even control what goes in your own mouth."

Yeah, I've actually heard ALL of those before (and all were directed at me) and many more and you know what I have to say to that.


BESA MI CULO PENDEJOS!


And if you don't understand that - well - get rid of some of that hate in your head and maybe learn a second language. Use your time for something productive instead of lurking on people's blogs and acting the villain/monster/ or self proclaimed tough love - do gooder.

It really chaps my hide when others such as myself are having a REALLY tough time with this whole weight loss thing and other people (especially people who ARE NOT LIVING THE SAME JOURNEY) feel the need to question, judge and rudely comment.

It may sound incredibly simple to JUST EAT LESS and MOVE MORE. In theory it is so incredibly simple. So why is it so frickin' hard? Because food is attached to many overweight/obese/morbidly obese people by their emotions. To suppress them or enhance them , either way food is attached. It's very psychological and it isn't always easy to access the painful experiences that caused us to correlate food with that emotion. Often we don't even know that the food is attached to an emotion, let alone which one or how to fix it.

So all that blabbering is basically to say, HEY, IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN OVERWEIGHT, OR
IF YOU HAVE NEVER STRUGGLED WITH WEIGHT YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS GIVING ADVICE TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOW TO DEAL WITH THEIR ISSUES. (The physical acts of eating and exercise is a different story. You can go on for days about the physical ways this can be done) BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE PSYCHOLOGICAL/EMOTIONAL SETBACKS YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO SAY ANYTHING.

IF YOU ARE ON THIS JOURNEY THEN I APPLAUD YOU IF YOURS IS SO EASY AND YOU HAVE NOT A SINGLE DAY OF SUFFERING OR STRUGGLE BUT THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE NOT YOU AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME ONTO SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOG AND BRING YOUR TOUGH LOVE (unless it is specifically asked for) NO ONE LIKES A KNOW-IT-ALL AND BY PREACHING AND BELITTLING YOU ARE ONLY OSTRACIZING YOURSELF FROM A WONDERFUL COMMUNITY (and if you don't want to be a part of the community in the first place than find somewhere else to spew your vile diarrhea of the fingertips)

Ok ((breathe)) I'm sorry for that little rant but lately some comments and posts have just been ,WOW, amazingly rude and have caused my blood to boil.


Moving on.


I wanted to comment on a couple comments made on my post with the sexy-ass firefighters and my most recent post before this.

toosexyforthisfat at I'm Too Sexy for This Fat said:

I guess I"m getting old, but the first thing I thought was "Eww! Take a shower!" LOL. I am also partial to men with hairy chests. Not allover body hair, mind you--just chest hair. What is with this trend for men to shave off all their body hair? Like I said, I guess I'm just getting old!

I laughed when I read this answer. Why? Number one because age has no defining factor in our taste in men. You like hairy chests. That's your thang and that's awesome. Number two, it just struck me funny. ((shrugs))

Number three because I hadn't even thought of them as looking dirty until you mentioned a shower. When I saw that pic I saw 3 extremely HOT extremely SEXY men who had just fought a fire and saved lives. That in and of itself is amazingly attractive to me. The fact that their abs and pecs are rock hard and their face's are gorgeous is only a plus.

I do have to say that when you said you are attracted to men with chest hair, all I could imagine was my ex. This might be waaaaayyyyy TMI but my ex is Mexican and extremely hairy. Like not only his chest and 'parts' but literally like every inch of his body EXCEPT his back. Think a backless bodysuit of sparse black hair with extra thick patches in 'certain areas'. I still laugh looking back into my memory bank. I think that is why I like the smoothness of these guys chests. I want nothing anywhere near resembling my ex.

As for the trend of hairless men, I think the same way many men these days like girls hairless 'down there' many girls like their men smooth and soft also. ((shrugs)) I could be wrong but I definitely prefer soft and smooth over hairy anyday. Aside from reminding me of my ex it also reminds me of my grandpa. LOL


Missa at LosingEthel said:

No Fair! I have had PMS fat and less fat. Sorry you are in the throws!
It will be over before you know it.
Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel

I had to respond to this because I realize how much I complain when I know I had and have it pretty good. I got my period when I was 10 years old but never got cramps until I was probably about 12-13. Between the years of 12 or 13-22 I had wicked cramps. The kind that no hot bath, no heating pad and no amount of midol-pamprin-advil-excedrin-tylenol or any other drug could fix. Cramps that left me curled in bed crying and had me staying home from school/work. Then I got pregnant and miscarried and after that became pregnant 2 more times. It is only now that these cramps have begun again but they are mild.

However, like I had said I should be grateful that these cramps were not accompanied or preceded by PMS. I was definitely lucky. Then again as a teen I was lucky in several areas. I didn't get my first zit until I was 15 and I have only had maybe 3 or 4 since (like anywhere - no other pimples anywhere on my body). My sister and my then best friend have always snarled whenever the subject arises. LOL

Ok enough blabber. I must go relax and listen to music.

2 more days to submit salads. Just a reminder.

For those of you that enjoyed the previous photo of the sexy firemen, I will leave you with this.



In the words of Ice Queen at Fat Like Me:

"*drools and shorts out laptop*"

XO Kristen

5 comments :

  1. well howdy fellows, want some dinner...come on over. lololol.
    very nice.
    I don't bother trolling. I am too busy. Everyone has their struggles. They may be pretending they don't, but they do.
    ignore them. They aren't worth the mental energy it takes to get angry.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget those people. I mean, it sucks...but they are just spewing because of something that's bothering them about themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people just don't *get* that blogging is not *airing our dirty laundry* as much as *offloading our thoughts*. That's what it is for me, anyway. The fact that we also have a supportive community is an absolute, unexpected bonus!

    Bottom line is that everyone has issues. For *those* people to make negative comments simply shows that there is an emotional charge for them, that they are possibly unaware of. Let's hope it plants a seed for them to eventually have their own epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! Everyday is a struggle to make the right choices and honestly I know that just as an alcoholic or a dug addict struggles EVERYDAY, I too will have to battle my food addiction. So I know that dealing with the causes of said food addiction( identifying and trying to come to peace with) if a battle with in itself. A person blog is just that, a place where they can talk about things they think they can not talk about elsewhere, and to find support and maybe just help another feel that they are not alone. That in itself provides a great service as we go along our journey.
    And as for the hot ass firemen.....I am totally in for the sweaty dirty look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what! You can fix fat, but you can't fix being an asshole!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...