Saturday, September 18, 2010

MISSION ABORT BIRTHDAY DISASTER

Today is my little cousin's 9th birthday party. She doesn't ACTUALLY turn 9 until Monday but being Saturday it is the optimal day for a birthday party. It's a nice day for one too because it's not raining like the weatherman said it would. It's sunny.

PROBLEM IS, BIRTHDAY'S DO NOT GET ALONG WITH HEALTHY LIFESTYLE LIVING! IT'S JUST COMMON KNOWLEDGE!
  • There is cake or some version of cake with frosting
  • There is candy
  • There are h'ordeuvres
  • There is sometimes alcohol - wine, beer, spritzers
None of the above is calorie friendly, and considering yesterday and my *blunder* calorie intake for the next 6 days is of the utmost importance for me if I want to continue on the downward trend when it comes to the number on the scale.

So, I have resolved not to:
  • Eat any cake or any of it's nasty cousins (ie: cupcake, brownie, blondie, cookie, donut - whatever)
  • Eat no candy (anything that is set out in little dishes is a NO NO)
  • Which brings me to no h'ordeuvres (My biggest weakness today will be my biggest victory)
  • And of course even though at a 9 year old's birthday party I doubt there will be alcohol, I will still not have any should there be any
On the bright side, I believe my aunt is making cupcakes. Cupcakes are my least favorite of all the cake cousins because they are condensed with waaaay too much frosting.

LET IT BE KNOWN HERE AND NOW THAT I, KRISTEN - A SELF PROCLAIMED FATTIE, DOES NOT LIKE FROSTING!
*Well unless it's cream cheese frosting on carrot cake, but all other frostings are yucky to me

So that part will be easy.

I am going to take a Lean Cuisine with me, should I get hungry and I will resolve to eat under 1000 calories today. Remember my little mind game? This will generally get me to around 1200 calories which is perfectly acceptable.

Wish me luck and loads of self control.

Now I am off to pick up my car from the auto body shop. Hopefully they aren't as rude today as they were the day before yesterday, but that's a whole other story for a whole other post.

XO Kristen

2 comments :

  1. I am here if ya need to talk out the voices from the food that will be calling your name! :)
    I will have to do this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is freaking hard to resist all that crap. This might make you a little mental, but here it is for the next time. Those cute kids you talk about, imagine them growing up in Tijuana, without you, because all that fat clogged up your arteries and sent you to a lunch with Elvis.. Ya feel me.. It's only an hors d'oeuvre, even spelled your way... All the best...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...