Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NSV & ZUMBA

As I sit here typing this out the entire length of my forearms are resting on my thighs. My legs are folded indian style with my laptop in front of me. Ok, so what are you thinking? Are you thinking where's the NSV in that? Yeah, I probably would be too.

Let me give a little background. Since before I can remember when I have been called the 'amputee' in my family because of my 'short legs' that appear even shorter because of my weight. 9 months ago if I were to have sat in this position, not only would I probably not have been able to cross my legs fully, but my big ol belly would have pushed out over my thighs. So you see, the NSV is where I wrote, THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF MY FOREARMS ARE RESTING ON MY THIGHS. There is no belly to get in the way. In fact I almost feel like my thighs are really long because I can push my elbows back into my hips and my entire arm can rest along my thighs and my hands can lay neatly over my knees. NEVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE! So, I would say that is indeed an NSV.

Onto Zumba. Tonight was my 2nd night and let me tell you it was 100% better than the first night. The first night you kind of have 1st time jitters, you don't know what to expect, you think everyone's going to be watching you make an absolute fool of yourself and you feel like a bumbling idiot when you don't get the steps right away . . . or in my case at all. LOL

Tonight was AWESOME though to say the least. Instead of feeling jittery like the first night I walked in feeling confident. I knew who was going to be there and while I am indeed one of the biggest girls in the class there are no Barbies or super models to make me feel overly self conscious. (If I still lived in California, I may not be able to say that - and if YOU live in California, well, some of what I say may not apply to you) Tonight I knew what to expect. I was aware of how the instructor leads and I knew that the majority of the other people are so intent on what she is doing and following her lead that there in no time for them to be paying attention to me. And lastly, I remembered ALL the steps of ALL the dances to ALL the songs and I didn't feel like a bumbling idiot at all. WAH-FRIGGIN-HOO!

SO LET ME JUST SAY THIS TO ALL YOU WANNA-BE-ZUMBA-GOERS WHO ARE TOO SELF CONSCIOUS, TOO SHY, THINK YOU WEIGH TOO MUCH OR LACK COORDINATION/RHYTHM:

IF YOU WANT TO DO ZUMBA, DO IT! IT IS AMAZING! YOUR SELF CONSCIOUSNESS WILL FADE, YOU SHYNESS WILL BE ABSORBED BY YOUR ENDORPHINS, YOU CAN MODIFY STEPS THAT MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IF YOU ARE REALLY HEAVY OR EVEN IF YOU HAVE INJURIES OR SPECIAL SITUATIONS. AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT IF THE ONLY THING HOLDING YOU BACK IS THAT YOU THINK YOU LACK COORDINATION OR RHYTHM, LET ME TELL YOU THERE IS MORE THAN LIKELY SOMEONE THERE LESS COORDINATED WITH LESS RHYTHM THAN YOU. AND IF BY SOME ODDBALL CHANCE YOU ARE THE LEAST COORDINATED WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF RHYTHM  YOU CAN BET YOUR WANNA-BE-SHRINKIN-BOOTY THAT SOMEONE ELSE FEELS JUST AS SELF CONSCIOUS AND THINKS THEY LACK THE SAME COORDINATION AND THE SAME RHYTHM. SO GET OUT THERE AND ZUMBA YOUR ASSES OFF!

I seriously cannot stress enough how much fun it is and how much energy you exert and the hour passes so quickly you never have a chance to look at the clock. Tonight someone shouted out that she had burned 1200 calories during tonight's class and she was a skinny little thing so I can only image if SHE burned THAT much and I weigh double her and WORKED MY PATOOTIE TO THE MAX than I must have burned AT LEAST that.

I ONLY WISH I COULD GO MORE THAN 1X A WEEK.

((SIGH))

Still looking for some guest bloggers for the Overeating Vs. Binging post. I think I have 1 or 2 takers. If you wanna be a taker just e-mail me whatever you want me to post at kreatingkristen@gmail.com with your name and the link to your blog (if you have one) You can write whatever your little heart desires regarding Overeating Vs. Binging.

That is all lovies.

XO Kristen

4 comments :

  1. I'm up for it...let me know. And Zumba sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zumba sounds absolutely amazing- you have motivated me to get involved once I am able to afford it! I can't wait, and let me tell ya- I'm gonna be the bumbling idiot unable to follow the steps but thankfully I can laugh at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha... I love your zumba advertisment so much, and in case anybody reads this: SHE IS ABSOLUTELY, 110% RIGHT ABOUT THAT!!!
    Do it! no matter what size!
    I've been doing it for a while and it makes me feel great and also resulted in some serious confidence on the dencefloor! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. **holds head down in shame ..lol...ok ok ill go try it again

    i went to one zumba class about 4 months ago, it was a free class at my gym and so full you didn't have any room for bumbeling about trying to figure things out. It was so face paced i felt lost immediately and could not keep up (the barbi's in there didn't help either) so i ended up after about 30 min's saying heck with this ill go get on the elliptical (at the time i hated the elliptical) saying maybe when i get in a little better shape ill try again..guess its time to get back on the horse huh?(not there though i didnt join that gym, so maybe a new class will have less barbies lol)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...