Friday, November 12, 2010

ELLA QUIERE SU RUMBA SIIII . . . ELLA QUIERE SU ZUMBA SIIIIIIII!!!



Yesterday I pre-bought Zumba fitness for Wii. I am so excited. It comes out on the 18th and now I will be able to do it in the privacy of my own home and go all whacko crazy as well as do it a little less crazily in the public class with all the lovely ladies of my town.

So despite my lack of blogging and the loss of a couple blog readers I am pleased to say I have been receiving love elsewhere.

I was actually kind of shocked. At two different restaurants that I frequent, one supermarket I frequent and a few family members have commented on my 'sudden weigh loss'. I put 'sudden weight loss' in quotes because they have all seen me since I lost the first 50lbs a while back, but seem to suddenly think I look different. I will admit I do see a significant difference in the width of my ass, the indentations of my waist and how my love handles no longer extend forward onto my stomach. Instead they stay where they belong on my back.

I've also been experimenting with my self esteem. Generally, as a rule, when I am 'looked at' I always avert my eyes and I realized that while it may come off as a snub it is most likely my severe lack of self esteem that causes me to do this. So, I have been trying to smile in response to the looks and I have been pleasantly surprised by the returning smiles, waves, and winks. Not that I am looking for acceptance or confirmation that they were indeed looking but it's nice to know regardless. And of course, I MUST SAY, it's nice when another man tells you you look beautiful RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR cheating untrustworthy HUSBAND. I have to admit that that made my day. **Wicked grin**

And with that I will leave you with my favorite Zumba song. Ametralladora. Hell yeah, bring it ON!!




PS - If I can ever figure out how to use my video-cam properly I may tape some vlogs of myself doing Zumba. Interesting concept huh?

XO Kristen

4 comments :

  1. Last night was the first time I saw Zumba, I hadn't a clue what it was but while Jim was surfing the TV channels I wanted it float by and asked him to stop. Such a cool way to move. I think it's something I'd like to try, at home where no one would see me that is.
    I'm glad today was better. I am so glad people are noticing you and how beautiful you are. YEAH!!! for you. Keep it up girl.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was wondering how you were doing....you sound (read!) great!!! Happy and energetic--and so cool to experiment with the self-esteem! Step outta that shy shell once in a while and soak up the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was kind of hoping the whole blog would be indecipherable but with pictures lol! who would drop you! nasty. It's one of my favorite blogs. Their loss.
    zumba zumba zumba.
    enjoy the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I feel much better after getting some sleep. It was just one of those days and I felt lonely. I am going to try to take your advice even though it is hard for me and find something I can do to meet people. I have always thought about getting involved with a moms group but I never followed through. Thanks again for your comment because it put a smile on my face.

    And congrats on the comments about your sudden weight loss. I know when I finally get the compliments it will be so motivating. Maybe another 10 pounds. We shall see :-)

    Keep up the great work and the great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...