Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HOLIDAY FOOD DISASTER

Remember a while back I talked about the fat chick inside me? She being the enemy of my healthy chick alter ego? As you know, since January of 2010 I have been trying to eradicate her and until April/may of 2010 I succeeded for the most part. Then I got sick (just your average cold) and it changed everything. I don't know why but the fat chick came back as if the bacteria/germs had called her to feed them. Ever since then I have struggled (sometimes successfully and a lot of the time not) to keep her at bay. I have mostly maintained staying in the 270s.

All that to say that ms fat chick has taken full control of me and has beaten healthy chick into submission. I can hear the murmur (more like shouts of frustation?) from blogland saying well take some control and beat the fat chick back.

The thing is (if you remember from previous posts) when the fat chick takes over all concern for my physical being regarding food goes out the window. I still hear the weak voice of the healthy chick in the form of guilt about thinking about bad foods and thinking about eating bad foods but when the bad foods are there in front of me it's as though the fat chick sits her fat ass on the healthy chicks face literally suffocating her voice her breath and her concern.

The holidays have made the fat chicks voice particularly loud and particularly controling. I want food. Pumpkin this and that and eggnog this or that as well as all the goodies. It just sucks because my lack of concern pisses me off yet I can't find the will to care enough not to eat.

I've had 3 really bad days lately which is really crappy but the horrible thing is that I have this new super annoying but super tempting voice in my head saying, just wing it toll the new year. It'll be much easier that way.

I wanna cry for my self control that is in a (food) coma.

XO Kristen


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments :

  1. I think one of the worst things we can do at this point in the year is say, screw it till the holidays are over. I speak from experience. I had a really bad weekend this past weekend (eating-wise) and even though Thanksgiving is only a few days away and I told myself that I was going to go off plan just for the day, I have decided not to based off my actions over the last weekend.

    The thing is, we ALWAYS have another reason to procrastinate our weight loss. Right now (the holidays) is probably the most common but it's always something, isn't it? I'll wait till after the holidays, I'll wait till Monday, I'll wait till the first of the month...and pretty soon, another year has gone by and it's the holidays again and we are saying the same things to ourselves. Like I said, I speak from experience, lol.

    Don't let your weight loss go till after the holidays. You have done so much good; don't undo it for some meaningless calorie-laden meals. You can still eat holidays foods, just try to limit your portions and keep it to only one day. Make lightened versions of all your favorite foods. Exercise before eating. Do anything to keep your health in the forefront of your mind.

    Here's to healthy holidays for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shout out back at Fat Chick. Seriously, just shout her down. Get rid of everything that tempts you (if you can, not sure how much control you have over what's in the house). Develop an alternate strategy to cues and work it. Sit down and develop the strategies to the cues, although you may first have to sit and observe what the cues ARE. Sometimes, it's just walking into a particular room or activity or smelling a particular scent of feeling a particular feeling(s).

    You need to get a handle on it today. So tell youself you can get hold of it TODAY , THIS INSTANT. And sit and hold a plate and practice mentally and physically how to prepare it for Thanksgiving. Sit at the table, put imaginary food on the plate, and practice what you can have and how much and practice saying, "no more, thanks." Practice so it's second-nature. And drink a motherload more of water.

    I'm hungry right now, but I'm gonna drink some water and go to bed.

    Drink water. Practice in your mind and with a plate. Avoid cues. Distract yourself with sometehing (I don't care if it's knitting or reading or dancing or singing or taking a bath). Don't eat what you ought not.

    Best of luck, babe, or should I say, "best of strategy". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting it go til the end of the year is a REALLY bad idea girl. I know you know it, but the only person that can take control is you. We can offer you advice...but we can't make you take the reigns. It's up to you. I know you want to lose from where you're at now...do you want to have to lose an EXTRA 20-30 that you could put on in the next 6 weeks? I seriously doubt it. Take control today....and hold onto it for dear life. You can do this....remember what Allan said. It's food and then it's poop. You have it in you to beat this....now get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has always been the thing that kilss me. "Oh, I'll start over tomorrow." or "I'll get back on track next week." For me, next week or tomorrow has a habit of never coming.

    I learned something this week. On the evening of my weigh in day (so after my weigh in) I ordered pizza. My husband is out of town and it's traditional for us to order pizza when he's gone. I had a choice, I could eat a teeny bit of pizza or a lot of pizza. I had pizza for dinner that night, breakfast the next morning, and then lunch the next day. I had about turned into a pizza by then.

    I could have given up. Thrown in the towel. Taken a week off, thinking that I had blown the whole week and would start over "next week." I didn't, though. Even though I was sure in my mind that my efforts for the rest of the week would not show results, I got back on track. I thought that, at best, I would maintain this week.

    I lost 2.5 lbs.

    I learned the truth in the phrase "never give up." Even when it looked like my week was blown the very day it started, I pulled myself together, did what I needed to do in spite of the fact that I was sure I would not see results, and good things happened.

    Don't allow yourself to say "next time" or "tomorrow" or "after the holidays." I'm afraid you'll undo all the hard work you've already done...and I don't want to see that!

    Hang in there! We're cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. You can't just let it go until after the new year. It'll be just as hard them so start again tomorrow, one moment at a time. You can do this. I know you can, you already have. It's hard, it's very, very hard but I have faith in you.
    Take care Kristen, it'll be okay. Just keep trying. God Bless you my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My healthy chick and fat chick have been having a huge war as of late. The good thing is, I keep going, I keep trying and I don't give up. I see you have come so far, do not give in to fat chick and her nonsense. Just do the best you can and keep going forward! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS- this blog provided such an inspiration I speak of it in todays blog post (on blogger, selfemployedwriter.com) and I am gave you a link back to your blog here. Thank you for being so honest about your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...