Sunday, December 26, 2010

FLASHBACK & CHANGES

One year ago, yesterday, I wrote this:

Christmas was rough this year.
Not a lot of money.
Not a lot of health.
Not a lot of much.
But we were with family and THAT is all that matters.
Christmas isn't about a ton of gifts under the tree.
It is about being with the ones you love and loving them.
Christmas was rough but it was good. Great even.
Because I was with my family.
The most important thing anyone can have.

On another note:
Tomorrow it starts
((dramatic music here))
Tomorrow I will embark on a mission that I have embarked on before and failed miserably.
I will not fail this time
With God as my witness, health as my motivation, and you all - my audience - holding me accountable, I here by swear to do everything in my power to lose a minimum of 2lbs per week until I am beneath 200lbs. I will be posting 1 photo a week and weighing daily, so don't be surprised if an entry only holds a number. 

I am excited, and nervous. I want to cry and laugh and pray that this time I will find it within myself to succeed because I and I alone hold the power to do so. 

I have been finding inspiration in watching On Demand reruns of The Biggest Loser. I want to be a BIG LOSER. Oh how badly I want to be a BIG LOSER. 

So here is to tomorrow and the next day and the next week, month, year. Pray for me. Pray that I can stay the course and shed the pounds. Not only for vanity, but for my health so that I will be alive to see my daughters grow into adults. How pathetic would it be to miss that because of poor eating habits? Pathetic and desperately saddening to my heart.

So it all comes down to this.
Tomorrow. 
Are you with me?
Will you follow me?
Will you encourage me?
I hope so.
But regardless, I'm on a mission



The next day (a year ago, today) I posted my 'beginning weight'. I was so embarrassed by the number I couldn't even put the 3 at the beginning. I was appalled at myself:


*20.8

As I explained in another post, I have decided not to disclose the first number until I feel a bit more comfortable with my weight. But the above are the last 2-3 digits of my weight. Next week on January 2nd, that number needs to be at LEAST 18.8 . . . but preferably more. I will be weighing daily, though to track my progress. Until next time.



On January 1st I posted this photo being a symbol of my 'true beginning weight' as I had not actually started on the 26th as I had said.


On January 12th I created this blog (branched off my former blog The Buzz N Less and at that time it was called The Fat Chick Weigh - hence the URL) This was my post for that day:

WELCOME
Whether you are visiting from my other blog, The Buzz N Less or have happened upon this blog for some other reason, let me say again, WELCOME!

I've already been doing my weigh ins since the first of January and for some reason, just now did I decide to branch off my original blog to make a weight loss specific one. I don't know how it'll work out as I am pretty partial to my personal domain of buzzy N Lessy - dumb . . . In any case I have lost 12lbs thus far and am only 11 days into the game. I would say I'm not doing too shabby for a fat chick!

More later.



The Header of my Former Blog 'The BuzzNLess'
A Tribute to the Blog that Started it All
and has been Neatly Condensed into This One


I need to get back to all this. The motivation. The excitement and most importantly the weight loss. 


I won't lie. I've mulled it over again and again and again in my head and in some ways it is just easier to be fat. There's no excuse hiding in that comment. *Sometimes* it is easier to be fat. It's easier not to count. Not to worry. Not to obsess and not to care.






But it's time to care again. 2011 needs to bring me the things that I didn't allow 2010 to bring. I need to count. I need to worry and I need to care. January 1st 2011 will bring many new things to this blog and to my life.

  • Posts will be titled with the day of my journey. The journey that began 1/1/2010. So 1/1/2011 will start with DAY 366 - STARTING NEW. 
  • Daily calories will not exceed 1500. Just like in the beginning but I will also try to average closer to 1200.
  • Water intake will be around 124oz a day or 1 gallon and no it will not be pure water. It will most likely be Crystal Light.
  • Weigh ins will be on Friday as usual
  • Measurements and progress photos will be taken on the 1st of every month regardless of the number on the scale.
  • Exercise will include attending 'real' zumba classes, at home zumba DVDs, zumba for wii and Just Dance 2 for wii. When winter peeters out spring and summer walks outside will be abundant plus my jumping jacks, modified push ups and squats.
This is my plan. I want to succeed.


PS: Keep me in mind if you pray. My breasts have been hurting, the right in particular and I will be going to the doctor soon to have it checked. It may be something as simple as a hormone imbalance. Please pray that that is all it is. Thank you.



XO Kristen

11 comments :

  1. Hang in there Kristen. I hope you feel better soon.

    Congrats on all your hard work this past year. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. You did have success last year. You are not 325 pounds anymore. You just need to get your head back in the game and you'll reach your goals. Stick with your plan!

    I'm here for you if you need support...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. You laid out a plan for yourself. Now just kick butt executing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my prayers!

    You can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you, girl! RE: Breast - How is your caffeine intake? My right hurts, too. I have a cyst that is aggravated with the amount of caffeine I take in & gets worse the closer I get to TOM. My GYN said either 1) stop drinking caffeine, 2) get it drained (OUCH!) or 3) take ibuprofen.

    ..Fun times. I hope whatever is wrong with yours is something minor. I've been dealing with mine for a year now...its not that bad.

    and I feel ya on the weight loss front. I, too, am tired of not caring enough. I've been F'n around too much the past few years, and I'm about to lose my 100 lb loss mark b/c of weight gain. It's time to quit futzing around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New year, new you.
    You can do it, and your goals are good.
    We'll be here to cheer you on and give (cyber) hug when you have a rough day.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you can do this! you are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want you to succeed for you and your gorgeous girlies. Build on the wonderful success you have attained so far. I know what you mean and sometimes it does "seem" easier to be fat...but you know and I know, it really isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of progress ! Keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...