Thursday, December 2, 2010

HOLY CRAP! OUCH!

This is a photo of my chest/shoulders. Duh, right?



Do you see anything wrong with them? Cuts? Bruises? Anything broken? No? Are you suuuure??

Yeah. Me neither. But it sure as hell feels like there should be cuts, bruises, broken bones or something!

This is my kitchen island.



I officially loathe this island. Ok, it's not completely the island's fault but it was definitely a co-conspirator. The other conspirator?



Me. Yep. Me.

The story?

I've always wanted to be able to do pushups but due to my complete lack of upper body strength there is no way I can do even a horizontal girly pushup let alone a full plank pushup. Just not possible. Yet...

So I decided to build some strength by using the island to do modified pushups. I decided to do reps of 10 until I 'felt it'.

I 'felt it' on the 5th set. Yep. I did 50 modified pushups.

You know what I feel now??

PAIN!!

A tight burning sensation from inside my elbows, up my biceps, through my armpits and across my chest.

I feel like someone smushed me from my clavical to my elbows to my breast bone!!

I guess the bright side is the pain proves there are muscles in there!

Haha! Oh yeah! Ouuuuchhh!

XO Kristen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments :

  1. That is the GOOD kind of pain. :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man sometimes... i would wish I didnt even have boobs after working my pectorals and they say it doesn't lift them to work on the muscles.... but I swear to you it does help things lift and firm. Keep doing those island push ups every other day giving your muscles time to repair and lots of protein after like skim milk or greek yogurt or something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...