Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DAY 384 / JANUARY 19, 2011 PART II

It's cold outside. There are frosted crystals lining the roofs of all the houses and frozen drops of dew on the lawns that make the grass sparkle. There is smoke rising out of the chimneys and the smell of holiday flavored coffee brewing is infiltrating the house. . . It almost feels like Christmas is around the corner. Very strange when Christmas has already passed. Kind of disconcerting actually. And sad too.

Egg whites for breakfast with some salt and pepper + aforementioned flavored coffee. Not very hungry though. Feeling just... Bleh!

Last night while watching Biggest Loser with my mom the on show doctor reiterated what Allan is constantly saying. We need to treat our fat as any fatal disease or cancer. We must eradicate it. I looked over to my mom to see if the concept had meant anything to her. She is a good 30lbs lighter than me and attempting to lose weight as well. But it appeared the concept flew straight over her head. She doesn't see herself as obese. Heck, I don't see her as obese but technically she is. My mom has lost 10lbs in about 2 weeks. The big problem is that while staying under 1600 calories per day 1/4 of those calories every day come from a venti coffee frappuccino from Starbucks.

It is her staple. Her habit and ultimately her achiles heel when it comes to dieting/losing weight. It is completely counterproductive to drink a 400 calorie drink for breakfast with more than a days worth of sugar, not only NOT providing her with any kind of nutrition or sustenance but ultimately making her more hungry and making her crave more sugar/carbs.

I wish she would realize this is a long term thing; health that is and that she's 42 years old. She needs to start taking care of herself. Until she was 24 years old she was of the kind of people who could eat WHATEVER she wanted and not gain an ounce. Then she got pregnant with my sister, had major issues, almost got divorced and after my sister was born she never took off the excess weight. Now she is of the kind of people who need to always watch what they eat. Her body knows this but her mind still tells her she's 24 years old prepregnancy.

I wish I could help her more but I know she has to do this in her own. She has to want it on her own.

Last night I was told my butt/hips look smaller by a family member. This was after I had seen that I had lost 2.75 inches but before I told them. It felt good that it was noticed.

Then there is this:












Can anyone guess where this loose extra skin is? It's really bugging me and I'm thinking I will mail the first person who can guess exactly where it is a $5 Starbucks giftcard.

USA residents only please.

Lastly, I was given one more compliment last night. I was told I look like gumby when I stretch. Wow! Haha!











XO Kristen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



10 comments :

  1. I think it might be your neck.

    P.S. I am older then your MOM! Yikes, that makes me feel OLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boobie skin... Your Mom is 42, and you are how old with two kids... OMG, I love the South...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Pretty hard to change your mom's views, it sounds like.
    All the best - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me since I work on people all the time giving massages that it is at the ankle. Keep up the great work. You can do it! You have so much support and love here. USE it when you need to. Hugs,Bobbi Jo-AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belly skin? And congrats thats alot of inches lost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. underarm? as in armpit

    Oh an your mum is my age! I didn't think I was that old to have a daughter of your age ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wattle? :D

    Shit! I am older than your mom! My son is almost as old as you are.

    Now I feel old. Someone get me a walker.

    *totters off to find her afghan*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am almost as old as your mom, but that's ok. Age is just a number, right? My mom was 42 when I was born and she's still alive and kickin'!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...