Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DAY 384 / JANUARY 19, 2011 PART III

* true story

One upon a time there lived a girl who had it all. Married parents, fantastic grandparents, a sister who was her best friend, health and looks. She didn't take care of her body though and ended up pregnant at 15. She told her boyfriend who offered to pay for an abortion. She then told her parents who offered to adopt the baby but they would not condone an abortion. The girl chose to get her GED, drop out of high school and go to work. 6.5 months after she turned 16 she gave birth ... To me. She kept me. Raised me. Loved and loves me. Enough to let me move back in with her at 25 years old with two kids of my own. My mom is awesome beyond comprehension.

So for everyone who 'feels old' or didn't think you were old enough to have a 26 year old daughter, rest assured you are not old and you are not old enough to have a 26 year old daughter. Neither is my mom, but she did and she does and life moves forward.

As for the photo. Bethany was the first to guess. That extra skin was on my upper arm. It's literally wrinkled chicken skin and it's disgusting and annoying. So Bethany, send your mailing info to kreatingkristen@gmail.com to get your Starbucks gift card.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments :

  1. Hey your mom sounds like my meemah! She was 15 when she had her first and 19 when she had her third and last. People always can not believe that she is a meemah, let alone a great,-meemah!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about a great mom. I bet you'll take right after her. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms are the best, I love mine beyond words too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Thats so sweet how you love your mom, and you wrote about it on the internet for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mom is awesome, its amazing what love can do! and...I have that loose chicken skin on my very upper arms, just before the armpit like when my arms are down to my sides. Gross, but hey, its not all puffed up with fat anymore is it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...