Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DAY 384 / JANUARY 19, 2011

I have extra incentive now to lose weight.

As if I already didn't have enough.

My health, well being, etc being number one as it should be.

And you all keeping me accountable. Especially (ahem) Allan.

My Zumba class is doing a 6 week competition. Whoever loses the most weight in 6 weeks gets some kind of awesome prize. Unfortunately, Kim (my instructor) didn't divulge what that would be.

So tonight I weighed and was measured. I've lost 2.75 inches off my hips since the last time I measured!

And my arms hurt from my workout tonight. Nice. It's about time my muscles act like I'm working them out. They took a small hiatus where no matter what I did, they didn't get even a little sore.

On Biggest Loser news (because I love that show. It is quite inspirational to me) I cannot believe the twins who threw their weigh-in. 9+lbs? Each? What? I just think what Bob (or was it Jillian?) said was hitting the nail on the head. There are so many people in America who WANT and NEED help like the biggest loser that to throw a weigh in and to essentially quit, is offensive. It's insulting to the other contestants and to the people who tried out or applied and didn't make it. I am glad to see that the person sent home was able to take off a lot of his weight though and kudos for doing it at home by himself.

Then again, aren't WE ALL doing it at home and by ourselves (so to speak)?? So kudos to us too. I don't need no stinkin' Biggest Loser to lose this weight. Just Allan. Haha!

I don't have much more to write. A day in the life of me is not very exciting right now. Lots of kid related fun throughout the days and some me time to watch TV or read or whatever, after they're asleep every night. Of course all of this is essential and brings me great joy but to blog about it, there just isn't much to say.

On that note, my pillow awaits me. Err, actually it isn't waiting for me. It is currently situated comfortably beneath Breezy's head. Hmmm, do I steal the pillow back or find another one?

Remind me sometime to tell you about my OBSESSION with feather (or faux feather) pillows. I cannot prefer not to sleep on anything else. Soft smushy goodness, like laying my head on a cloud. Other pillows are rocks in comparison. So, yeah I think I'll have to steal my pillow back. She'll never even notice. (ahem)

Goodnight.

XO Kristen

2 comments :

  1. I love challenges where you actually win something cool. I think that's why I've set up awards for myself. I have big 10 pound awards, but every five I lose I go to Walmart and replace some of my workout clothes, soon I'll have tons that I love.

    I'm a bit of a pillow snob myself, I would have stolen it back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of inches!!!! Yes, yes, join the challenge. It will be motivating and hopefully a great prize awaits you!!!

    And that you have no drama to blog about, that your days are full of fun with the sweeties, honey, that's heaven. enjoy it. It's good to have peaceful days just being a mommy and a person moving on with health.

    Later, be well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...