Thursday, January 20, 2011

DAY 385 / JANUARY 20, 2011

Warning: talk of boobage. And not cute perky boobage or big sexy boobage. No this will be talk of two years worth of pregnancy + previously lactating + weightloss boobage which is not pleasant!!

Continue at your own risk!

Yesterday when I posted my chicken skin and I asked you all what part of my body it was, I was quite intrigued with some of your answers. Neck, boob, ankle, armpit. My neck, my ankles and my armpits are still quite tight. But when Allan said 'boobie skin' it got me thinking and it's true. Once upon a time in the land of 325lbs and 5 months post partum and still breastfeeding half the time my boobs were full and decent looking.

50lbs lost and now almost a year since I stopped breastfeeding and my poor boobs are ... Well ... Rocks in socks to use my gramma's terminology. It's actually rather unpleasant and unsightly. Picture two flat socks inflated only at the bottom by two large rocks. Yeah, not pretty. And the chicken skin here is 100x worse than my upper arm. Holy heck! This is what it looks like if I hold them up where they're sposed to go.


And this is what it looks like if I pull the skin up like I did my upper arm.


Niiiiiiccceeeee!!! Not very attractive is a severe understatement.

I'm guessing as I continue to lose this issue is going to get worse. Perhaps eventually I'll no longer even have rocks in socks but just socks. Flaps of skin where my boobs used to be.

Thank God for good bras!

XO Kristen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments :

  1. Just curious... Have you thought of getting a boob lift? I would really like to get one. I don't need to augment just lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have the same problem, my boobs are only great when I'm nursing, dratted gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew when Allan posted that, something was going to come of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank God for good bras, without them it would be...bad. I should probably start a fund for my extra skin and boob lift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey kids... If I read crap about fear of excess skin derailing a diet I will freak out... Too much skin is alot healthier than too much fat. Wanna know for sure, well check Lisa's blog post today. Your call, too much skin or to much fat around what used to be a healthy heart. Vote for skin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't fear excess skin. I embrace it and even find it mildly comical / amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading some of your posts! I've just started my own blog to keep me motivated through my weight loss journey. I'm new to the blogging community and would love it if you would follow my blog...the more followers I have, the more motivated I'll stay! Thanks!

    http://reeceh22-losingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocks in socks. Never heard that one before - that's a great name. About loose skin - I see it as a badge of honor, reminding you of the valiant fight in losing weight. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  9. When my mom lost about 90lbs, she had skin like this everywhere! It made her stop losing so quickly, then stop completely. I knew this was a possibility going in, and I'm at peace with it. I'd rather have the extra skin than the extra fat that used to fill the space :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry but those pic's are gross, I can never take looking at stretchy skin on anyone, skinny or fat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coloring books restrict creativity. Children don't need them. Plain paper inspires creativity and self-expression. Cheaper too. I know I sound like an uptight, prissy mom, but I studied Early Childhood Education for years and I saw how creative children can be without coloring books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...