Saturday, January 22, 2011

DAY 387 / JANUARY 22, 2011

I think through everyones' journey there are small revelations and enormous epiphanies that keep them moving forward. I've been moving forward slowly on this 'Phase 4 Thing'. I've been bored. I don't even feel like writing about the food because it's boring. The exercise is boring. There is nothing exciting about it at all - except for one thing. It works. This was a small revelation. I knew if I stuck to it, that it would work. It's the sticking to it that takes control and effort and that illusive 'willpower' I hear thrown around in blog world frequently. I've been practicing that skill (because as an enormous epiphany I realized that willpower is a skill) and it has been getting stronger.

I took a look at the scale tonight and while the loss is minimal in comparison to my first week I haven't had a loss like this in a long time that I couldn't attribute in most part to water weight. I won't give away what I saw on the scale. I only pray that something doesn't happen in my sleep and the scale reads differently in the morning. (My official weigh)

Something big is coming in May. This may be getting a bit ahead of myself but I'm planning to take a vacation. The details I will not give. Perhaps when the time comes closer. But I will say that this potential vacation gives me even more motivation to lose. I look at the things my family members are eating like chips/cookies/ice cream/candy/popcorn/chocolate etc and while my brain wants them I also feel this incredible strength in saying no.

It feels so much better to eat healthy. There is no physical sickness from overeating or binging. There is no mental anguish from the turmoil and guilt said overeating or binges provoke. You feel good. You feel well. Healthy. Energetic. Dare I say more alive?

I have new favorite veggies. Broccoli, squash (any kind), sweet peppers, cucumber, zucchini, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and more. I have also discovered some veggies I still dislike immensely. Peas (any kind), edamame, asparagus, and um - can't think of anything else.

I'm feeling really good and by February 1st I hope to be in the 260's. I will photograph and measure myself if that is the case. (Measurements are a for sure thing - I won't take photos until I weigh less than I did in the last photos)

And on that note I have a question:

I don't comment on a lot of blogs, generally because I read them from my iPhone google reader app. If something is particularly inspiring I usually bring it back to my own blog, pay it forward with a link and put in my 2 cents. Now, I know this is not true for all people out there in blog world.

My question is this:

If you read/see something on someones' blog that is displeasing to you but is part of that person and something that the person physically cannot change why would you comment less then politely about it? Why not just leave it alone?

That is all lovelies.

Goodnight

XO Kristen

9 comments :

  1. I don't think it's good manners at all to go to someone's blog and make a nasty comment about someone's physicality. weirdness. It's bad manners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a good thing to slam people. When reading blogs, if I don't like what I read, I usually just close the blog for that day. The only time I comment anything but positively, is if I see someone making a mistake AND I have been following that person for a while, so I know it's something not normal for them.

    It's not worth it to me to drag myself down. That's all being nasty will do. Drag you down.

    Onto other things -- Congrats for the epiphany. It's a wonderful thing! I look forward to hearing about May :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in being positive in all comments I post on blogs. People in the weight loss blogosphere are looking for support. If I see something I don't agree with, I just leave it and not comment at all. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still follow the good old addage of if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. When I'm commenting on people's blogs I want to be supportive of them, not make them feel like garbage or judge them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why be unkind, especially if it's something they can't do anything about?
    On occasion, I have left my opinion about someone's behavior. If they are being stupid I will tell them gently that they are being stupid. If it's not going to help them in any way I remove my fingers from the keyboard and move along to the next blog.

    Can't wait to hear what you'd be doing in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A person is what a person is, we are all different in all kinds of ways. Why someone would comment negatively about a physical feature or what not is crazy to me. You may think its ugly or displeasing to the eye but of people were to point out things they disliked about everyone, we would all be crying into a bowl of icecream right now.
    As to why they do it, I guess the same reason why a bully bullies, to make themself feel more superior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, I must say that one of your commentor's comment made me LOL, because I think I know what you mean...sometimes things just zoom right over people's heads. I agree, keep your ugly to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the great thinking. You're goal for your vacation will be well earned.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spamming and slamming are huge no-no's in my opinion. If you disagree with someone, don't understand something or need to offer a dissenting opinion, it can be done respectfully. Being nasty to someone just isn't necessary.

    I have no doubt that you can make your May goal. In fact, I have no doubt that you will crush it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...