Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SUMMER CHALLENGE DAY 1

Even though June is still technically considered spring, I am starting my own summer challenge today and it will end (the challenge) on august, 31.

Those who would like to know exactly what I'm doing or who want to join me just comment or email me!

I'm making this pretty simple for myself. Staple breakfast, lunch and dinner with set snacks in-between. When I never deviate I will always be at or under 1200 cals every day.

I've already made plans to thwart temptations at events and holidays.

For example, a week from tomorrow is my last bunko party and they are having a sit down dinner beforehand. I won't be there for that part and NOTHING is to touch my lips but water or diet. 4th of July is easy (sorta) too. It's a Monday and providing my ex doesn't crap out like he did on Memoral Day because the bus lines weren't running and he refused to find other transportation to his visitation then we will spend until 3:00 with him which will omit all my midday snacking that is the norm for the 4th.

There will be no cake or even food that will be allowed to touch my lips at Sassy's birthday in a week or Breezys birthday in 3 months.

I will have my foods set aside and NOTHING else is for me. Period.

Now, if I were you I would be laughing and placing bets to see how long I'll last .... But honestly, I have been feeling really strong. So we'll see where that brings me in a week.

For those wondering, the 314lbs at the left hand corner was my last weigh in but I don't even remember what day that was a week or more ago. I forgot to weigh myself this morning but I am assuming had I weighed in the scale would have been lower. So it'll be interesting to see what Murphy (my scale for those who don't know) says on Wednesday the 8th.

Today I end with 1120 cals in.

A post will be coming soon about health insurance and exclusions/clauses for obesity and even if it is a serious health issue there are some policies/providers that just won't cover/help a person lose weight.

GAHHH!! But that's for another time.

Until later world!



Kristen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments :

  1. I choose to believe you will succed. Go for it, hon. Be a warrior, ruthlessly pursuing your best self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your resolve is as strong on 8/31 as it is today!!! (and all the days in between!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your challenge! I've been sticking to 1100-1200 a day lately, too - it sucks, no way around that, but it's the best way to see results, especially after I let myself get distracted and started making excuses for eating poorly. Small amounts of junk are still junk! I've been reading the Hungry Girl 200-under-200 and 300-under-300 low-cal recipe books for inspiration - some of it seems strange, but a lot of it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and best wishes as you start your challenge.

    I gave you The Adorable Blog Award. Should you decide to accept this award, you can find the information on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all is going well with your challenge and that Murphy is good to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should we take you lack of blogging as an indication that you have fallen off the wagon from your "diet" again?

    I find that when you blog consistently, you tend to eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with your challenge! You can definitely do it! I've been sticking to the Paleo Diet and I've seen great results when pairing it with Crossfit . I'm hooked, you might just get hooked too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...