Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Success, Bust, Relax!

Day one was a stellar success.

Day two was a stellar success until the girls' bedtime. The munchies took over and I swear I become possessed.

Day three will be stellar because I have a plan to beat the after kid's bedtime munchies. It still involves some calorie consumption but much less and much more controlled.

I have never been a drinker. I like wine coolers, Mike's hard lemonade, wine and fruity daiquiri and margarita drinks but I've never been a fan of the hard stuff. In fact, in my 27 years of life I think I have been drunk only two times and had maybe only a dozen drinks to actually speak of.

So in lieu of my eating habit I decided to make a trade of sorts. No I'm not going to trade binge eating to become an alcoholic. Nausea and headaches and the overall sensation of being drink just isn't my thing. So instead of eating when I have the munchies, I will have 1 6oz drink (wine? Sangria, perhaps?) to soothe my internal binging monster and relax enough to go to bed. I think that is an even trade. By the way, 6oz of sangria is 119 calories, just in case you were wondering. Mmm

Back to the low cal tomorrow. Stay away munchies! Just stay away!

On a bright side, I did my 65 minute cardio workout today. How accurate do you think the calorie counters on treadmills and ellipticals are if you enter your weight and age? Let me know!

4 comments :

  1. Good job on the cardio workout. I did the same amount today myself. I was wondering the same thing about the calories burned on the eliptical. Hopefully someone has the answer. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 65 minutes?!
    YOURE ROCKING 2012.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't quite understand the trade for alcohol thing. Trade the desire for a binge with a brisk walk? :) Be well, be strong. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 65 minutes is really impressive. I have trouble once I start snacking I can't seem to get myself to stop. Sometimes I partition all my snack food into one-serving bags. That way when I'm done, I'm done.

    I thought 20 minutes on the treadmill was good. Some day I'll make it to 65.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...