Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fickle Appetite & VP Debate

If I were reading my blog from a third party view, I would wonder why I am waiting to start eating well. The fact that it is my birthday really should not have any bearing on starting because 'occasions' and 'birthdays' and 'holidays' will come every year, every month in my family's case. In an admission of absolute truth, I am stalling because I want to eat all the yummy things I think I will be deprived of. The funny thing is, though, that I bought a ton of crap to 'get it out of my system' and most of it doesn't sound appetizing. How is it that when you are eating well, the greasy, sugary, fattening stuff sounds so good that you can barely control the drool dripping from the corner of your mouth and when you 'allow' yourself to eat them, it just doesn't sound all that good? So, I still plan to start at 11:59pm October 13. That would be in 2 days. I am very much looking forward to it and maybe that is another reason I am stalling. I rarely feel that I have something to look forward to; a new beginning. And so perhaps I am stalling because I know that once I do start, the novelty will wear off and the real work will have to begin. However, in anticipation of starting there is a ray of hope and anticipation.

 On another topic tonight is the Ryan vs. Biden debate. I am super stoked. Happy birthday bloodbath to me! After the Obama vs. Romney massacre last week I am so excited to see Paul Ryan out wit, out smart, out talk and out debate Mr. VP. Then again, maybe Mr. VP has a little more vim and vigor than Obama did. He sure as heck doesn't need the teleprompter as much as our illustrious president does. Perhaps tonight's debate is a closer match. I suppose it shall be seen...


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...