Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Question/Implication No Fat Woman Wants to Hear

**Warning**
Graphic photos of surgical incision and stitches below

A few months ago I went in for a full body scan at the dermatologist. I had a freckle on my foot that had grown into a strange shaped birthmark that then proceeded to develop dark brown/black freckles within the already pigmented area. I had it biopsied at the body scan which left a very painful deep hole in my foot. I then got the call that the biopsy came back as a pre-cancerous lesion and that there was still more in my foot. So, two weeks ago I had surgery to remove the rest of the lesion. Last week I had my first post op. Pretty huh?

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow

**Warning**
Graphic Image to Follow




Then I had my second post op appointment today where the nurse removed the stitches. She said it would feel like pinching even though everywhere I read said that properly done, it would only feel like tugging. Well, if that was her definition of pinching than I would describe Hurricane Katrina as a really big wave. Holy CRAP! She couldn't have yanked the stitch further out before she clipped each one and I had to literally bite my tongue to ask her if she knew what she was doing or was this her first time. I had staples removed and stitches cut before but from my stomach and they didn't hurt half as badly as this did. This was her handy work.


In any case, it hurts. Steri-strips applied, bandaid the size of Montana and a compression sock and now I'm good to go for a while.

After my appointment I walked out of the office to find my grandmother who was waiting with my daughters in the lobby of the doctors office. She was being verbally accosted by a woman about her same age talking about how if she doesn't have chiropractic work done that she would literally suffocate to death. GOOD TO KNOW! GET YOUR CHIROPRACTIC WORK DONE, K?

I walk up and in an earnest attempt to direct attention away from the unwanted conversation with the stranger my grandma asks me what the doctor said. And this is where the implication no fat woman ever wants to hear comes in. Wait for it... wait for it...

The strange woman who is suffocating as we speak without her chiropractic care says,
"Did they tell you, you're pregnant?"

I gasp and say,
"No, thank God!"

The woman got a funny expression on her face, gathered her purse, got up and left.

It was only on the way to the car that I realized that in my naivete she had wrongly assumed I was pregnant and was being facetious. Well played, strange lady! Well played! Way to make a fat woman feel fatter!

2 comments :

  1. That lady sounds like a socially inept idiot. I'd rather be fat than a dumbass!

    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I was quite annoyed and then amused because I can't imagine she has much of a social life if she is always making assumptions such as that one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...