Through the wide front window of my living room, frosted from the warmth of the inside and the frigid cool of the outside, I can see the leaves on our maple trees turning gold, burnt orange and ruby red. Touched by the faintest breeze, they flutter noiselessly to the already cluttered grass below. The sky is gray, the clouds and mist hanging low over the houses, making it difficult to differentiate between them and the smoke wafting and whispering its way out of the brick chimneys. The smell of peppermint and hot chocolate waft through the air. Sitting cuddled up on the sofa, my blanket wrapped around my shoulder, I close my eyes and curl my toes deeper into the warmth of my slippers, savoring the smell and the sight. Fall has arrived and winter is almost upon us. The sights, smells and sensations are only the beginning of the magic.
Now, 30 things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for My God. I am thankful that no matter the circumstances He is there for me to comfort me or pull me through. I am thankful that He never fails me and always provides when I need it. I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me and my family and I am thankful that a bigger better infinitely happier place awaits me after this world.
- I am thankful for church and a firm foundation where my and my children's faith can be nourished.
- I am thankful for my country. I am thankful to be free and live with a voice, a presence and equal rights. I am thankful to not live in fear and I pray that it remains that way. I a equally as thankful to our troops, our military, our navy, our marines, our air force and everyone else who serves for preserving that freedom that I am so thankful for. I am humbled and forever thankful for everything they do and sacrifice for the benefit of everyone.
- I am thankful for my health and that any issues I have had have been minimal and easily treated. I am thankful for this because without my health I would not be able to adequately care for my babies.
- I am thankful for my oldest daughter, Sassy, who is sweet and kind but a firecracker of flailing dancing/running limbs and crazy antics. I am thankful for her intelligence, her ability to speak so eloquently at 4 years old, her love for me and her presence in my life. I am thankful for her sense of humor and her memory that allows her to recite song verses and movie quotes verbatim.
- I am thankful for my baby, Breezy, who is affectionate and patient but stubborn and temperamental and says adorable things like coca dots for polka dots and nittle snugs for little slugs. I love that she is resilient and easily entertained and wonderfully squishy.
- I am thankful for both of my daughters' health. That they have been sick less than a handful of times and that they have fantastic immune systems.
- I am thankful for my angel baby in heaven. Through him I developed the heart of a mother. I learned the great love and great pain that only a mother can feel for and toward her child. I am thankful for his place in God's presence and the tender spot that was created in my heart that would benefit my daughters when I lost him.
- I am thankful for my grandparents who help me in every way a human being can help another human being. Emotionally, my grandma is one of my best friends, my confidante, my coffee drinking and shopping buddy. Physically my grandparents not only allow me to go to the gym by taking care of my children while I go but actually facilitate the finances for me to go. My grandfather is essentially my dad and the best one a girl could ever have. He is always there and is the best male role model I can think of.
- I am thankful for my mom who allows me to live in her house with my children and who is more like another best friend.
- I am thankful for my oldest-younger sister (Giant Stealth) who is another one of my best friends and whom without I would have never been able to finish my book. I am thankful we share so many thoughts and ideas and beliefs in common. I am thankful for our mutual political rants, our venting sessions, our pow-wows about our books and our mutual belief that I am indeed a Pygmy Ninja and she is indeed Giant Stealth. (Strange inside joke. The opportunity to explain may or may never present itself) I am thankful that she is a kind soul and giving sister with my same morbid and twisted sense of humor.
- I am thankful for my ex-husband/boyfriend who isn't a dead beat dad like so many other men. I am thankful he pays his child support on time and genuinely has concern for his daughters and me.
- I am thankful for my car that I am able to pay for that takes me everywhere I need to go. I am thankful that despite all odds I have been able to keep up on the payments and regardless of how late I have been the bank has not actually repossessed it.
- I am thankful for our kitties whose endless playfulness and purring cuddles makes my heart pump chocolates almost as much as my girls.
- I am thankful for food on the table, clothes on our backs, heat in our house, warm blankets on our beds, gas in our water heater, and electricity to illuminate that which we have come to depend on.
- I am thankful for the rain and the way it washes away the old to prepare for the new
- I am thankful for the intermittent but powerful sun to remind me that there is always light at the end of the tunnel, a resolution to any problem and forgiveness for any wrong doing.
- I am thankful for imagination and creativity because without that I would not be able to write the books I write and my girls would not be able to play in the exciting and elaborate way they do.
- I am thankful for my education and that if necessary I could teach my girls everything they need to know to succeed in life.
- I am thankful for books and my ability to read. I am thankful for my love of a good story and my ability to transport myself out of the present and into the life of the words within the binding.
- More superficially, I am thankful for all the silly TV shows and Internet social sites I love that take my mind off the gravity of some things that are happening in the world.
- I am thankful for Wednesday and Friday nights when my family gets together in its entirety for dinner
- I am thankful for my dad who lives far away but loves me enough to think of me on my birthday and often messages me to see how my girls and I are doing, even though he is a very busy man with a family of his own
- I am thankful for humor, laughter, comedy and everything that brings joy and smiles
- I am thankful for chocolate because even though it gives me horrible heartburn it is one of those guilty pleasures in life
- I am thankful for everyone who has come into my life and passed through or stayed for any length of time and left or who still remains. They have all helped form me into the person I am now.
- I am thankful for my love of cooking. I am thankful that I am able to combine ingredients and make yummy meals for my family to enjoy
- I am thankful for holidays and birthdays and any day that gives reason to celebrate life and love and family. I am thankful for New Years and the annual new beginning it allows. I am thankful for Valentines day and the celebration of love everywhere. I am thankful for Easter and the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to save everyone from their sins. I am thankful for Independence day and the opportunity to celebrate our freedom. I am thankful for Halloween and the celebration of imagination and dress up and pretend. I am thankful for Thanksgiving, a day of fellowship and laughter and togetherness among families where they can express their love and gratitude for life and each other. I am thankful for Christmas and the birth of Jesus Christ, which without we would not be able to celebrate Easter and His resurrection. I am thankful for birthdays and the celebration of life; beautiful, wondrous, and magical life.
- I am thankful for the breath I breathe, and every heartbeat in my chest
- I am thankful for Heaven and that God has prepared a place for me there and that is where I will be going when I have no more breath and my heart beats no more
|Yes, I skip from 30 to 76. And?|
Now it is time to feed reasons #5 and #6 lunch.
Happy Happy Happy Day and God Bless!