Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12 The End is NOT Near and Holiday Madness

Today is 12-12-12. A lot of people have blown up my social networking pages with fear, sadness, awe, shock, excitement and all sorts of ridiculousness. I understand the novelty that 12-12-12 will be the last consecutive day month and year we will ever see but this is also the last day you will ever be the age you are right now. You can only get older from here.

Regardless of the date, make every day and every moment count.

That being said, there was a random shooting yesterday at the mall that my children and I frequent. A random gunman walked into the food court and opened fire on the poor unsuspecting people. He then shot himself. Two innocent died. One is in critical condition but stable.


Combine that with the recent shooting at the midnight showing of The Dark Knight only months ago in Colorado, the creepy hooded man who walks our neighborhood who spews profanity at anyone who bothers to look at him for more than 2 seconds, the random suicide of my very good friend's husband, a recent local teen suicide that makes 4 in less than 6 months involving a gun and I am beginning to believe people are going stark raving mad.


This morning I was looking at my facebook and was reminded that 12-21-12 is near which the Mayan's marked as the end of the world. Dun dun dun dun. Of course, I don't believe in that and I do believe that even if the world were to end on the 21, it will come regardless of what anyone does or does not do to stop it. I understand many people act out of fear though, especially those who have no faith and I imagine that leading up to and possibly even closely following December 21, 2012 things are going to get pretty messy with suicides, murders and crazy crimes.

A friend posted:

Shooting at the mall yesterday, local schools on lockdown today because there was a rifle found, and I've seen 4 separate instances if ambulances going by....the worlds gone crazy.

And I think she is right. My ex-husband and I are supposed to go shopping for the girls this coming Monday. Generally we take them with us and he watches them and lets them check out all the toys and ride in the big battery operated cars while I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, picking out everything we want to buy for them. In lieu of the current events, however, I may leave them home with my mom or grandma this year. It is one thing to go out and risk the crowds, the possibilities and the potential danger alone, but it is a completely different animal all together to subject my children to the absolute crazy out there.

I am sad that the world is coming to this. That I have to pick and choose when I think it is safe to take my children out of the house.

In other news I have continued eating well;

So far today I have had 2 sandwich thins with less than a 1/4 cup scoop of tuna on each one, a small bag of chips and coffee with peppermint creamer. For snack I had a fiber one brownie. Tonight is my Aunt's birthday and we will be celebrating with egg fried rice with chicken and Lofthouse cookies for dessert. I am thankful she chose these cookies because instead of a 400 calorie piece of cake I can have 1 160 calorie cookie and feel satisfied without the guilt.

* Have you ever had a Lofthouse cookie? It's like eating ... like eating the softest icing covered ... well in the words of Tim Hawkins, 'It's like eating a baby angel', only it isn't a Krispy Kreme Donut.

I have done Zumba with only a one day break (Monday) which is the day I spend with the ex-husband and the girls. I have been doing not only the Cardio Party but the ab workouts and the Toning and Sculpting DVD.

The Cardio Party is an ass kicker. You have to incorporate all the energy, rhythm and momentum you have inside you to keep up and it lasts for 50 minutes with a cool down. It includes Salsa, Cumbia, Reggaeton, Samba, something they call a USA Mix which is like line dancing mixed with the twist, and something they call Calypso and more that I cannot remember. There is a lot of bouncing, hip gyrating, shoulder shaking and quick steps. Having heel spurs and chronic plantar fascitis my feet hurt the worst out of all my muscles after each workout but it is so worth it! The Sculpting & Toning is my favorite though because it incorporates Belly Dancing, Flamenco and African Rhythms. It seriously targets the waist and belly.

...This could be fun also...
So, now we are stuck here at home. My poor children are in iPad zombie mode. I keep trying to think of things to do but the weather is crappy so they don't want to go outside. I can't take them to the mall. haha!! Yeah, not after yesterday! Nope, the mall is the last place I want to be. They've destroyed their room, exhausting all play and pretend with their toys and honestly, I don't have the mental energy to come up with anything super creative.

I kinda want to bake, but that isn't until Saturday... hmmmph

Maybe a nap.

Yes, a nap sounds good.

But then again maybe not, because if I nap, it will go something like this:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...