Tuesday, January 1, 2013

100% Effort Day 1

First of all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

GOODBYE 2012. 
I WASN'T FOND OF YOU 
AND NEW IT ON THE EVE OF YOUR ARRIVAL.

WELCOME 2013. 
YOU WILL BE A VERY GOOD YEAR. 
I CAN FEEL IT.

So I went to the doctor yesterday and it turns out that I have residual viral bronchitis which I suppose in every day lingo means that I HAD viral bronchitis and there is still gunk mucking up my lungs and airways. No wonder I have this horrible hacking, barking, chest wrenching, vomit inducing cough that wakes me up at night and when in public makes strangers cringe and move as far as they can away from me. I am now on Prednisone (sp?) and antibiotics for any bacterial infection plus an albuterol (sp?) inhaler. Fan-frickin-tastic! Just how I wanted to bring in the new year. Actually, it isn't so bad except I am told the Prednisone will cause me to retain water because it is a steroid. Yippeee!

Today at the doctors I got my official beginning weight. The holiday eating binging has really done a number on that scale what with water retention and such. CRINGE!

(Insert funeral march music here)

343.2

That is ... just painful. I know a good 10lbs is water weight though. It always is and by next week barring any and all random side affects from this stupid steroid stuff I'm on, I am sure I will weigh close to if not under 333. At least, I can hope my body cooperates the way it usually does. The first week of successful healthy eating is always followed by a big loss after such crappy eating.

Anyway, measurements (which I imagine have grown a bit since last time because of said binge fest and water weight gain) will be in tomorrow. Plus more beginning photos; face and body perhaps from different angles (front, side and back?)

Until then ...


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...