Saturday, January 26, 2013

Control Vs Out of Control

HUGE NSV

FOR ME

Tonight my girls wanted pizza

Pizza is a trigger food for me

I can eat an entire large pizza by myself

and then top it off with buffalo wings, cheesy bread and brownie bites

Washing it all down with DIET soda

Back to tonight

My girls want pizza

I order pizza

Small, cheese only

That is 6 small slices

I calculated how many calories I had already eaten

How many I had left

Investigated how many calories are in one slice of pizza from a small, cheese only Dominos pizza



190-210 calories per slice 

I gave 1 slice each to the girls and took 2 for myself

2 slices left

Breezy didn't even eat all of her first slice

Sassy ate all her first slice and asked for a second

I waited for my third because I DID want it

But I would give it to Sassy if she was that hungry

Especially since she is sick and an appetite is hard to come by with her

She only took two bites of her second piece and said she was full

So I took my third piece

570-600 calories for dinner

With enough calories left over for a Fiber One Brownie dessert

But that was NOT my NSV

My NSV was when I picked up Sassy and Breezy's plates

Old me would have scarfed up their leftover pieces



They would have literally been gone in seconds with minimal thought

What did I do instead?

I hustled to the sink and tossed the remains down the garbage disposal

TEMPTATION GONE

POOF

This may seem trivial to some

But for anyone who has suffered through compulsive binging

They understand the accomplishment

The true success of that

How I went from an out of control morbidly obese woman

To a totally IN CONTROL ready to lose all this extra baggage woman

I feel so good about that








I personally aspire to look like her             ^
Have you had any NSV's this week?

And another question

I think this picture on the left is unhealthy looking 
and it seems ironic that they would choose someone so thin for a healthy eating promotion. 
I think the picture to the right of the girl in the middle or on the right looks much healthier. 
What do you think?



6 comments :

  1. Good on your for your pizza victory! Give yourself a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on those pictures at the end of your post....it seems like the picture on the left just doesn't work with the text.
    haha & that women eating the pizza...wow.
    Nice NSV! Hope Sassy is feeling better soon! :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB!!! I totally understand about eating the kids leftovers I fight that temptation all the time. Keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, I think it's a huge nsv.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I love yours. Congratulations on your NSV!

    I totally understand trigger foods. In college, late night munchies was my weakness. My boyfriend and I could literally polish off an entire order of pizza, wings and bread sticks..... Good for you for controlling yourself and knowing your triggers.

    Good luck with everything! I think the US is actually being a bit more healthy in terms of what they think is beautiful. Strong and athletic is considered sexy now to whereas in Taiwan, they want people to be bone thin with ZERO muscle tone because it looks "manly." It took me a long time to be at peace with the fact that my bone structure is never going to be stick-thin.

    xoxo I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a champ to put it in the garbage! I swear I had some many bites like that as a nanny and even now as an aunt. Ugh! Glad you could sufficiently kick that in the ass!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...