Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 Continued


 Other than weight loss one of my big goals for 2013 is to take pride in my appearance, especially when going out into public. For a while now I have been happy to go out without doing my hair, no makeup, yoga pants or jeans that don't fit properly and a t-shirt, hoodie or sweatshirt.
From now on though, I will make an effort to take a shower, even when it feels like time does not allow for it instead of thinking, 'eh, no one cares if I don't shower today,'. I will make an effort to do my hair instead of throwing it up in a messy bun or letting it just hang in gnarled curls that more resemble dread locks. I will make an effort to wear my jeans that are less comfortable but fit me better and are much more attractive. I will not wear spotted or stained t-shirts or sweatshirts and I will not go out in something I wore for pajamas the night before like yoga pants and shirt. I will do my makeup according to the occasion but will at least wear mascara and lip gloss because it makes me feel pretty and taking the 5 extra minutes will help whether I think so at the moment or not.


New years eve brought snow. The framed ice is edited but the trees and snow inside are real and what I saw out the restaurant window yesterday as the girls and the girls' dad and I ate breakfast. Snow has always felt like new beginnings for me so it was appropriate for it to snow and snow heavily the day before I was to change my eating lifestyle.

Last night before I went to bed I had one of the worst coughing fits with this bronchitis that I have had so far. It made my chest and stomach hurt I coughed so hard. It felt as though I was repeatedly rubbing sandpaper in my throat and at one point I was positive I tasted blood on the back of my tongue. The vessels in my eyes broke. It was not pretty and when I was done the feeling that I had large chunks of sand embedded in my throat would not desist so I sucked on these all night while I slept. They did help and when I woke up the sand had magically disappeared. Thank God.



We woke up late this morning because we had a rip roaring New Years Eve.. eh, yeah not really. But the girls did go to bed around 11 as opposed to their normal bedtime of 8 and I went to bed around 1 because I had to bring in the new year in my jammies watching reruns of Gossip Girl. Did I mention that Prednisone is a steroid that can cause insomnia. Yeah, well I don't think I was that far gone because when I did lay down, I was out, but up until then I was very awake.

When we woke up I made the girls breakfast and then did my hour of Zumba. I then made my own breakfast that consisted of one whole egg, one egg white, garlic & herb Laughing Cow cheese, 1 Thomas sandwich thin, 2 half slices of pineapple and coffee with 1/4 cup half and half. I also partook of my medication. MMM



We then went outside and after some attitudes and temper tantrums about it being cold or one not wanting to play with the other and after a peepee accident we finally got in the groove of being outside in 30 degree weather and decided to take a walk with great grandma. We walked the entire neighborhood and played in the not yet melted snow that still topped the fences and brick walls. 


When we got back from our hour walk I made the girls their lunch, opened up some pots and pans we had gotten from Christmas and put them in the dishwasher to make sure they were sanitized before use. When the girls were done and preoccupied with their iPad and their toys I set to work making my own lunch which included 3/4 can of green beans with a dash of salt, two chipotle black bean garden burgers and 2 more half slices of pineapple. (The pineapple has been chopped since Christmas so we need to eat it before it goes bad)


Now the girls are playing Toca Boca games on their iPads and I am sitting here thinking about potentially doing a 30 minute Zumba workout this evening. Heck, why not? 

Right? Right. I just don't get sick of Zumba.


1 comment :

  1. I like the effect you created by taking a pic of the back of your camera. Your creative juices are flowing:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...