Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Family Trip to Dinsyeland

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in the formerly small (now overflowingly huge) town of Thousand Oaks, California. I was born there, moved to Newbury Park, then to Simi Valley all within about a 30 mile radius which are all about 45-60 minutes away from Los Angeles. (I went to school with kids from Step By Step - if anyone remembers that show) hung out at the park where Will Smith played Basketball often and my sister later went to school with the kids of one of the Dukes of Hazard and Will Smith's son Trey)

Thus, and getting back to the point, we were always no further away from Disneyland than about 1-1.5 hours drive. When I was in elementary school sometimes my mom would out of the blue declare a 'hooky' day and take me and my sister to Disneyland for the day. It was rare not to visit the magical land at least twice in a 6 month span. I spent countless birthdays there including my 7th which I got to take a limo there and spend the night at the DL Hotel. It is a Newbury Park High School (where I attended all 4 years) tradition for Grad Night to be spent at Disneyland and spend it there I did. To say that Disney Magic is replicable is absolute nonsense. You cannot duplicate, replicate or put a price of Walt Disney Magic. There is a sense of absolute childhood bliss that overwhelms you me whenever I step food inside those green gates and see the heads of the original Disney characters carved into the bushes.

This last September I took my daughters for the first time with my grandparents. It was a beautifully wonderful experience. 1 night in Downtown Disney followed by 2 days in Disneyland and California Adventure (I am not fond of that but I am native California so I kinda don't get the novelty a non native might get) and 2 nights at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen with the characters, character photo ops, rides, yummy nummy food and just all the magic that Disneyland offers.

Well, I am so excited that my grandpa had so much fun he is offering to take us again between May and August 2013. Not sure of the dates yet, but we will spend 5 (YAY 5) days there this time! And hopefully we will be able to take in addition to the girls, myself and my grandparents, my mom, my sister, my aunt, uncle and cousin too! That would be AWESOME! I am sooooo friggin excited. I only pray that it actually comes to fruition and that nothing happens between now and that time to stop the trip.

I am also hoping to be, uh, (counting on my fingers with cramping brain as I try to attempt mathematical equations) between 75lbs - 135lbs down (depending on whether we go in May or August) 75lbs down would put me at 248lbs which would only be 18lbs away from my status quo weight in the beginning of my high school career. And 135lbs down would put me at 188lbs which would be the very very lowest I would have ever weighed as an adult. (My lowest weight so far has been 203lbs) And would put me at only 38lbs away from goal. Can I do that?

WELL, I'M SURE AS HELL GONNA TRY!!!

I am so excited and I am going to try and find a countdown ticker for weight loss each month so I can meet my monthly goals. Whoop!

DISNEY FREAK UNITE - Did I seriously just type that?

Yeah, I guess I did.

1 comment :

  1. I am about the same distance from Walt Disney World. However my boys (and myself) have never been. Even being FL residents the price is outrageous. Maybe one day I will stop being such a tight ass and pay the ticket prices. Now we both have stuff to work towards. (Vacay in June for me)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...