Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's OK, I Can Handle It

Five words:

LIPSTICK, CARPET, SICK, NO SLEEP

The last 24 hours have been . . .

Well, let me show you.

This was what we found in my daughters' bedroom yesterday. At first we thought it was blood. The same color was rubbed into the sheets on the lower trundle bed, the extra blankets we use when it gets too cold and on the walls. Breezy sat on the floor with her hands behind her back, the very same color smeared across her face and down her arms. All we could think was that she had cut herself because she kept hiding her hands behind her back and when we asked her what happened she wouldn't answer. Her eyes just got red as she teared up. But then I saw half of a stick of maroonish lipstick lying against one of the baseboards.

It took me 2 solid hours on my hands and knees using Resolve to get MOST of the lipstick out of the carpet. I scrubbed and rubbed and soaked and pressed with brushes and towels. I think I got a little high on the mixture of cleaning fumes and paint fumes from the other room where my grandpa was still painting my closet and gluing the wooden boards down. Then my grandpa brought in the BIG GUNS. Some super secret and super powerful nameless white tub of powder that he sprinkled all over the still visible pink after first spraying it with a secret
 spray solution.

We let it sit for 30 minutes and I worried and fretted about it sitting there while my kitties slept several feet away. I know cats are generally smarter than to eat chemicals. But Emma is Emma and she isn't the brightest star or the sharpest crayon so I wouldn't put it past her to go eat all the powder and either mess up her digestion again (at the least) or kill herself. After those 30 minutes I vacuumed it up but there was still a significant pink stain so he sprayed the secret solution again and powdered the floor again and we left for his birthday dinner.
 I ate the gyro salad I had said I would and caved to eating a few of Sassy's fries. Not too many though, maybe 7 or 8. We then went to have frozen yogurt across the street where they have the most amazing frozen yogurt flavor called Cake Batter. I add fresh strawberries to that and it tastes like strawberry short cake. It is so very very yummy-licious. 

When we went home I vacuumed up the dust and this (the photo to the right) is what was left. If you look hard you can see a little pink stain but considering the original mess that is a pretty insane clean up. I am satisfied and don't feel quite so guilty about my heathen child. 

The day didn't end there. Last night was about the worst night of my mommy experience. Sassy got a sore throat and started coughing up phlegm about as soon as we got home. By bedtime she was miserable but fell asleep and didn't cough for about 30 minutes. Inside that 30 minutes I started the latest episode of the Vampire Diaries with my mom but had to stop because she started coughing and then  choking and I had to go sit with her. The night went something like this:







  • 8:00 bedtime
  • 8:25 girls are both asleep
  • 8:30 started Vampire diaries
  • 9:05 Sassy starts coughing uncontrollably and I go to comfort her
  • 9:15 she is isn't being comforted so I tell my mom to finish VD without me and I cuddle Sassy up in her blanket and bring her to the sofa where she nuzzles in and falls asleep with sporadic coughing fits. I watch the rest of VD on Hulu, check my blog, check my e-mail, read some other blogs, check a bill, read some more and rest.
  • 10:15 she has been sleeping well so I put her in bed where she immediately starts hacking and coughing
  • 10:20 I put Vicks on her feet and cover them in socks and pull her into bed with me (did I mention I sleep in a twin bed?)
  • 10:30 I lay down and try to sleep
  • 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 12:45, 1:50, 2:30, 3:30, 4:15, 5:05, 6:00, & 7:00 I wake up to blow noses, get drinks of water, take children to potty, blow some more noses, comfort coughing fits, prop up Sassy's head, cover her up, move her from the center of the bed to the side so I can fit and not fall off, and so on and so forth.

    I slept a total of MAYBE 3 total hours last night. AND THAT IS BEING EXTREMELY GENEROUS.
     
  • 7:15 they wake me up because they want to watch TV in the front room and don't want me to 'sleep' anymore.
Now I look like this because I slept on my left side, pillows tipping me up uncomfortably from the waist so Sassy could be propped up with one arm stretched up under and above my head. 

To soothe Sassy's sore throat (because she was a crazy little girl and didn't like the ginger tea I made her with honey and a little lime - I took a sip and it was soooo good) and to make something more or less healthy for all of us to eat I made some homemade chicken noodle soup and I will pat myself on the back and say it was so yummy at only 340 cals for 2 cups. I didn't have any carrots so I used green beans and the only pasta I had was tri color rotini but it was still fantastic with onion, parsley, bouillon, chicken broth, boneless chicken breast, thyme, salt and pepper.



Now the girls are playing playdough (you would never know Sass was sick from her cheeser) Breez can't be bothered to really smile) and I am resting. I did my hour of Zumba this morning and plan to do more a little later. I HURT SO GOOD! But I am seriously exhausted. 

3 more days till week 4's weigh in! I'm kinda excited!








1 comment :

  1. Awe you do so well with the craziness! That carpet looks great. That soup is awesome...I LOVE when people make something awesome with what they have on hand. You survived this day! On to the next...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...