Thursday, January 31, 2013

Learning to LOVE Torture Exercise

I remember in my high school years and even before that, and then after my high school years I hated exercise. I literally loathed it. I hated sweating. I hated the burn in my muscles. I hated being out of breath. There was nothing I did like about it at all. I especially hated being sore afterward.

It is crazy how our perspective on life can change our mind set so easily.



Now, it is a completely different story. When I do Zumba I love the way it makes me feel. I love to sweat. The more I sweat, the more effective I feel my exercise is. I especially like when I am cooling down and I see sweat drips all over the floor. It makes me feel accomplished. I love the sensation of stretching, moving, elongating muscles. It no longer just feels uncomfortable, but in my mind's eye I actually visualize a little man with a hammer and chisel forming the grooves of my muscles and pulling and stretching them and growing them and making them strong. I don't get out of breath as easily as I used to but even when I do get out of breath now, I have learned how to regulate my breathing so I don't feel like I might hyperventilate. And as for being sore afterward, I liken it to proof of my efforts. I now especially love being sore because I can pinpoint what exercise I did to make that muscle hurt that way. It is pretty friggin awesome.

I am officially an exercise loving convert. 

And instead of feeling like this when I exercise


I feel like this

6 comments :

  1. Great post. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you; I'm not sure I'll EVER feel that way!
    -FogDog Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweat is fat crying... I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know I nominated you for a Liebster Award :)

    http://imsailingaweigh.blogspot.com/2013/02/day-32-liebster-award_2229.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second the love for the "Sweat is fat crying" picture -- awesome!

    I can't say I love exercise, but I absolutely love how I feel after I've done it. And I love the effect it has on me. So all in all, no complaints here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...